“Definitely deserves another visit ”

Bukhara V&A Waterfront
Ranked #423 of 1 111 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2019 via mobile

I took my lady to this lovely establishment for her birthday and there is definitely no regrets, the food was amazing and service as well. The setting is one of a romantic nature with the dark walls and minimal lighting so if you're out for a romantic evening and looking for some good curry this is the place. We had the Tandoori Wings for starters and Rogan Josh lamb curry with rice and Butter Chicken with garlic naan for mains. Rogan Josh is definitely recommended.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (313)

Reviewed 7 August 2019 via mobile

There is no consistency across this chain of restaurants. The sandton City branch serves amazing food so was disappointed with the service and food at the Branch in V&A. The butter chicken was bland and the breyani is served completely differently to the sandton City Branch. The prawn curry is over priced and bland, lacked flavor and seasoning. Unimpressed with this restaurant.

Reviewed 5 August 2019 via mobile

So you sit down and one of you gets an Indian menu and the other gets an Asian fusion menu very unusual. After lots of swapping we chose to have Asian starters and Indian mains.
All the food was delicious, especially the duck spring rolls and pot stickers.
Lovely evening and good service.

Reviewed 28 July 2019

I used to go to the Bukhara on central Cape Town each time I was in town. I went a gain last week but found the place had closed. I then went to the VA front but I am afraid we have to separate. They now serve Dim Sum and call the food "Asian food". The place does not smell like an Indian restaurant any more. I ordered the usual Lamb saag, my favorite dish but it was just bland blended spinach with lamb. I failed to detect any Indian flavor. I have always felt this was a must go to Indian restaurant but now will have to advise anyone to pass. Very unfortunate what has happened to Bukhara.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed 26 July 2019 via mobile

This restaurant on the V & A waterfront serves decent Indian food. Ambiance is nice, service is friendly, pricing is reasonable with a good value for money. Worth considering for anyone craving Indian food while at the waterfront. Would have given 5 star rating if the food was a little bit more spicier.

Date of visit: August 2018