Open today: 06:00 - 19:00

from US$103,18
More Info
from US$106,73
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 January 2018

We will always considered this experience to be one of the best that we have had while in Cape Town. The parachute operators were very experienced and knowledgeable of the winds and safety. I felt confident in their abilities. They made sure that we had a good ride, turning into the winds so that we had a good view of the Cape while capturing photos of the experience as we parachuted to the ground. Would we do this again? HECK YES, IN A HEART BEAT!!!!

1  Thank Edith D
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

The coordinator at Icarus was very efficient and flexible around our booking arrangements and communication was excellent.
Our booked day was not going to be available due to bad weather conditions, so Lené managed to book us in, spontaneously, with another experienced team. It was an awesome experience with highly capable and reassuring pilots. Stunning views and really just a lift into the air upon take-off. Landing was so easy, as well. The rest you won’t ever forget!! Next time I’ll be more relaxed for sure!

2  Thank yokowada
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Called in the morning and got a slot a few hours later - perfect! Meeting point is on top of Signal Hill which is already very worth a visit as you have the perfect panorama shot over Cape Town.

The confirmation went over WhatsApp very easily and it’s not hard to find the Icarus people on the Hill. The guy doing the paperwork seemed to be a bit weired to me but it all went on professionally and quickly.

My tandem pilot Jon was very friendly, a calm down guy you trust immediately. A quick instruction, that’s it - only a few moments after arriving on the Hill I was already up in the air. No waste of time!

The ride was fantastic, a bit like riding a rollercoaster in the air. It was about ten minutes and I enjoyed every one of it.

It took 1300 Rand and another 300 if you want a SD Card with hundreds of pics which a shot by a GoPro you hold while flying.

Absolutely recommendable and a fantastic experience!

1  Thank Micoud81
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Great gliding experience at the hands of very capable and friendly professionals. They were awesome!

1  Thank Syed H
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Lately I have received a voucher for my last birthday, yip, paragliding, here in Cape Town and I must say that I had been tempted for quite a while to try it out

Today I had been scheduled and met a very competent team, very friendly and talkative plus reassuring about the flight itself
It was comforting to listen to the calm voice of my pilot as well as to his assistants => they know exactly what they are doing !
So strapped in, camera in the hand, following the instructions, we ran the short way into tranquility, man it's so quiet up there (cannot compare it to Parashute nor bungy jumping), and you truly have the feeling of secured flying, though there is nothing around you of any kind of protection , like an airplane or a suit. You fly down as you come - great !
It's recommendable to everybody who wants to see a bit of sea point from above, my pilot let me even take over plus he made me squeal with some tricks, gosh I thought my stomach was left behind me somewhere when he twisted and turned, well I survived and he had a good laugh
Landing? Just listen what the pilot tells you and all is smooth

actually the whole flight was in the end no big deal, I overthought instead of going more relaxed into this new experience- so whoever is reading this novel: relax & enjoy, with them it's absolutely enjoyable and easy!

Will come back soon with a friend!
Thanks to the team