“Awesome Pizza and tiramisu”

La Frasca Restaurant Pizzeria
Ranked #160 of 1 297 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

If you want to eat italian pizza go to la frasca. For me it is the best pizza in south africa so far. I can also recomend the tiramisu!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We popped in for an early dinner and were greeted warmly by the staff, even though we were very early! And that's my first point - lovely, friendly staff who were on the ball and accommodating (we had no booking but, despite their being booked, they made a plan as we were in and out before 'rush hour'.)

I love restaurants with blackboard menus they reassure me that seasonal fare is used. We shared the regional soup of the evening - pork, sauerkraut and beans - very tasty, with an interesting curried flavour from the sauerkraut.

We then shared a pizza - fresh musgrooms and smoked ham - perfect base, plenty of tomato and crisp edges ... yum.

We'll be back.

One suggestion, though lose the 'lift music' jazz soundtrack as it makes what is a very beautiful space feel like ... well ... a lift.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

We went with our children to get some pizzas. We were not disappointed. The restaurant had a cozy atmosphere and the food is delicious. My wife and I ordered a bottle of wine of which we took the rest home.
I definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I went there with friends recently. Apart from for their pizza dishes, there are no menus on the tables. For their other offerings one has to consult a menu on the wall. Since there is very little space between the tables, doing this is not all that easy. This menu is extremely limited. I ended up having to choose a dish from this menu that I least objected to. This was some lamb sauce with gnocchi. It was totally overpriced.

Their price for corkage is R60; the most I've ever had to pay.

The service was passable.

I shall not go there again.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

A surprise find on a cold wintry night. The food is authentic Italian with a broad range of gods tasty Italian food. My salami, rocket mozzarella and artichoke pizza was very good and the others had lamb gnocchi. The service was very prompt, friendly and knowledgeable. We were lucky to get a place. On a cold night, by the time we left at 9:30 it was full. A great find