“Excellent Coffee”

Motherland Coffee Company
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Motherland Coffee Company believes in African coffee. Coffee began in Africa, and Africa is the future. We serve a variety of coffee drinks as well as light meals, but we're not just another cuppa, we’re an uplifting bubble in your day. Whether you're grabbing something to go, or you've come to spend some time in our relaxed environment, we want to add an inspirational coffee moment to your day.
Reviewed 20 December 2016

I've heard good things about South African Coffee and this place did not disappoint. The place has a nice welcoming feel to it and the staff is nice and friendly as soon as you enter the place, and the Coffee is excellent, I visited every day some time twice to get my coffee fix as I'm a real coffee lover. Next time I travel to Cape Town I will hit this place again for sure.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

Great place for breakfast and coffee. Very cute place. But the staff can sometimes be overwhelmed and the service could be slow.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

We popped into Motherland after reading excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. Boy, were we disappointed. The coffee was weak and tasteless. One of the staff was cleaning the floor, which in itself isn't a problem; except that he kept scraping the chairs on the floor, making a terrible sound. The service wasn't great either. Hopefully they were just having an off day.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

First thing we do before we start our workday is take a walk down to Motherland, whilst I have only had the Carrot Muffin, the Three Seed Crunchies and the Breakfast toasted Sandwich I have never been disappointed. As for the coffee, at times it’s a little weak or to strong or just right. This is due to the various barista's making the coffee and before it sounds too much like a criticism. It is not, as everybody has their preference to how they like their coffee, and if you pay attention you will find your perfect coffee at the hands of one of the very skilled Baristas.

The service is always friendly and personal from the Manager to the Baristas, so you won’t mind the little wait in the queue of equally desperate coffee drinkers in the morning rush.
If I miss morning ramble to Motherland, the day just doesn’t start right.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Excellent coffee which are original and tasty ! The service is great and the place is trendy : love it ! You can have a light lunch or a cookie , everything is delicious there !