“Omg didn't expect this”
Review of Ocean Basket Gardens - CLOSED

Ocean Basket Gardens
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

So my husband and I were headed back to U.S. sadly after such and amazing trip and we decided on Ocean Basket. I can't be any more glad that we did. The food was simply amazing. The fish was fresh like right out of the ocean. We decided to start off with a sushi roll and then a basket and share. I couldn't ask for better. Each price of food danced in my mouth with freshness and flavor. Our waitress Evidenence was very prompt sweet and outgoing. The manager is a shining star Waseeta was nice enough to send over a craft of white Sangria and thank god she did. It was refreshing and flavorful. I recommend this place to everyone that comes to Cape Town and from now on every time we come back we will also. We will also make sure we ask for this manager and this waitress. Both of which should be commended.

1  Thank italiansophistic

Reviewed 28 January 2017

We were recommended here by a lady we met on the plane who said she'd eaten all over Cape Town in some expensive restaurants and Ocean Basket was very goodvalue for money, and it certainly was.
The staff recommended the seafood platter for 2 and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
The King Clip with a butter sauce was so tasty and the 3 ways cooked calamari were delicious.
Ignore the moaner who wrote the last review, service, food and price here can't be beaten, you'll struggle to spend £30 with a bottle of wine included.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

We have lived in the City Bowl for 19 years and have often gone to the Ocean Basket for a quick inexpensive meal with great service. We have seen the restaurant changed hands but at the same time the service has deteriorated and it the prices are not that expensive especially their liquor and the food is Ok. We decided to go back on the 31/12/2016 for a late lunch it was a hot afternoon the restaurant was quiet and we were given a table in the garden. But that's where it stopped the service was non existant the beer was warm they brought the incorrect calamari starter. I then complained to the Manager who got involved and things came right.

A huge let down and disappointment and pricey compared to the Boathouse in Gans Baai. The Ocean Basket could take a leaf out of their service and pricing. Will I go back probably not but will go to the Ocean Basket in Sea point

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

We were hungry just arriving from a wonderful Safari in Madikwe, our tour guide recommended this place for seafood. A shock!! We asked for recommendations especially since my partner was highly allergic to citrus!! Waiter couldn't tell us at first what to order. Finally we ordered plain shrimp and a shushi platter. Server nicely said sushi may take 15 minutes. Shrimp arrived promptly within a few minutes but the sushi arrived 52 minutes later. I asked several times for the check as the food didn't arrive. I was so pissed the even charged for the plate even though I didn't eat anything if the shushi. I was surprised by the lack of management to come to the table to apologize. Only after no tips the server wanted to get the attention of the manager. At this point it was too late and I didn't care for an apology. We left hungry!!! Shameful

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Extremely busy, lucky they changed the parking situation as per last time i was there. I find that they should do more specials for people dining on a budget.