“Mouth watering seafood at reasonable prices”
Review of Ocean Basket Gardens - CLOSED

Ocean Basket Gardens
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

Friendly, helpful staff, prompt & attentive service.
Wines reasonably priced.
Excellent range of seafoods, sushi. Cooked to perfection. Well priced.
Will continue to support this excellent chain of restaurants.

Reviewed 11 March 2015

Excellent fish - fresh, well-cooked, nicely served and copious.
Open dining on to Kloof Street, or at the back in their garden. No criticism apart from the actual table accoutrements - the wooden table mats are ugly and not cleaned enough, there are no napkins automatically provided, but apart from these two small easily rectifiable things, no criticism at all.

Reviewed 30 September 2014

We simply love this ocean basket. they management are friendly and always visible and present. they deal with complaints efficiently and they even provide free off-street parking< a big plus in cape town.

The service is prompt and the food always good.

Reviewed 30 September 2014

We went on a saturday night - so I dont want to say anything bad about service - it was packed, but they managed!
Bought a Groupon Voucher and was really looking forward to that evening - but I was a bit annoyed that meals were "downsized" for those customers - basically I would have been much happier without the voucher!

But value for money is usualy never a problem at any Ocean Basket - just keep in mind that the atmosphere is a bit "fast food style" - and you will really enjoy it.

2  Thank orlandos66
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Giving the review of Ocean basket Kloof street a POOR rating, because the night we visited the service was really bad. 25 Minutes wait for our wine to arrive. The food took Long to arrive, The Starter mussels were served with no accompanying bread, the main course arrived in cold frying pans. All of this was enough to leave a bad taste in my mouth. BUT I need to start that the food really tasted great. The Prawns were exceptionally tasty... Had the service been up to scratch, I would have given a rating of VERY GOOD... But for me, when I am spending my money at a restaurant or taking people out(I took my parents and 2 other visiting family members from outta town)I am expecting a bit more on the service side... I would go back and give them a second chance for sure. but only if there is a special deal etc..to entice me.