“Awesome food and service ”
Review of Loading Bay Cafe

Loading Bay Cafe
Ranked #205 of 1 288 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We visited the Loading Bay for lunch on a Saturday. The venue is beautiful with modern decor and great attention to details. Our waiter was very friendly and gave us top quality service. Their freshly squeezed juices are refreshing and served with straws made of glass. We ordered an open sandwich topped with broccoli, almonds and melted cheese, and a seared tuna. Both dishes were full of taste and beautifully presented. We look forward to visiting them again, absolutely recommended for either breakfast or lunch!

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I've been to the Loading Bay many times over the years - alone, with friends and with colleagues. Sometimes the service is amazing, sometimes dismal.
Today, I popped in for brunch. I had just eaten my last morsel of food and the waiter gave me the bill and 5 minutes later I was told to leave taking my entire brunch experience to 30 or so minutes.
I asks the waiter how he could treat a customer this way and all he said was that they needed the table. I gathered my stuff and told him I would never return!

Just a note - there were other patrons done with their respective meals who were there longer than me. Makes me question why I was told to leave. And mind you, I've been a regular at this restaurant for years!!

Not a very nice way to treat loyal customers. But yes! Never going back there.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic experience. Ate the Mushroom Ragout with Oyster mushrooms and pasture raises eggs. Flippen delicious.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

This venue is an interesting well designed and very chic space. I ordered a chai latte which I sent back because it was too watery but it came back just perfect. I ordered the wilted spinach with mixed mushrooms,pesto with a poached egg on a toasted sour dough bread, it was amazing. The flavours were delicate but yet lingering. The bread was perfect. My daughter ordered the mushroom ragout , white king oyster mushroom with tarragon a poached egg on sour dough bread as well. She loved it. I tasted hers and it was really amazing. We ventured with crispy chips done to perfection with the truffle sauce it was really amazing. My hubby had the health bowl which was oats mixed with red quinoa and buffalo yoghurt infused with chia seeds with nuts seeds and berries. He said it was very good. We 3 shared the flapjack. I found it a bit too doughy. But otherwise I am definitely going back there soon.

1  Thank InezzPatel
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Loading Bay is consistently a great place for a quick bite. My hamburger and chips was excellent today, friendly service as well. Very cool restaurant!