“Absolutly breathtaking hikings!!!”

Cape Escape Tours Day Tours
Ranked #121 of 347 Tours in Cape Town Central
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer a range of Day tours, Half Day Tours, Garden Route Tour and our most recent addition the already popular 2 Day Safari Tour. Our selection of Full-Day Tours has been crafted to ensure you an all-rounded experience of Cape Town & its surrounds. Cape Escape Tours has been in operation since 1995 and has always made it a pleasure to delight its guests with the wonders of the Western Cape. Our Day and Half Day Tours explore the Cape Winelands, the Cape Peninsula as well as Hermanus to view the whales. Should you wish to return to one of these sites, we can organize private tours following either an itinerary of your own design, or one of our own for a more in-depth visit. Our vehicles are all air-conditioned and we like to keep our schedule tour group to a maximum of 7 persons per vehicle. We collect our guests from all major hotels in Cape Town and return each guest to his or her respective hotel. Our guides are all accredited guides who are experts in the Cape's history,
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Thank you to Patrick! He Made twice a Tour with US and He is the best Guide ever for us! He knows a Lot about Nature, culture and capetown. He loves to be in the Nature and to do His Job! We defenitivly recommend him and in the two hikes we Made He Kind of became a friend to US! We Hope to stay in contact and See him maybe next time in our honeymoon!?

cescape, Owner at Cape Escape Tours Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Thank-you to you for having joined our hikes, I also had an amazing time and hope to see you back soon..

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"hiking"
"route"

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

I had a fantastic time on this tour! First we started with a trip to a winery in Stellenbosch and had a wine and chocolate tasting. Next we headed down towards the point with a stop to see the penguins at Boulder Beach and lunch in Simon's town. After a drive in the Cape Point Nature Reserve we had time to visit the lighthouse and Cape of Good Hope. Patrick was so friendly and knowledgeable about Cape Town, from the history, local animals/plants, and even where to eat. He knew I was an avid photographer and made extra stops along the way where I could get some great shots. If you are looking for a smaller, more personalized experience on your wine tasting or Cape Point tour I highly recommend Cape Escape tours and Patrick.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I can only recommend Patrick as a guide.
He has a very good knowledge of the region and he is a great guy!

cescape, Owner at Cape Escape Tours Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

You welcome,

Reviewed 31 July 2017

I enjoy sightseeing runs when I travel and generally I simply study Maps and go out on my own. However, a friend—who lives in Cape Town—strongly suggested that I go with a guide or running group when trail running in the area. I never felt in danger during my stay in Cape Town, but I also could not ignore the emphasis on safety of self and belongings from conversations with locals. Simply for peace of mind, I ran with a guide.

I signed up for the 360 Lion's Head Trail Run and Patrick picked me up at my hotel in Camps Bay the next day ~7.45a. The route, just shy of a 10k, is a figure 8 loop that runs around both Lion's Head and Lion's Rump (aka Signal Hill). It's mostly trail with a little bit of road. The trail sections are single track with a few technical areas (large rocks), and there are definitely hills, some gentle inclines, some stairs. My total elevation gain ~770ft.

Patrick pointed out different neighborhoods in the city bowl and gave some interesting trivia along the way. But the views—Table Mountain, Lion's Head, beaches, and the Twelve Apostles mountain range...I couldn't stop enough for photos! We even got to watch tandem paragliders launch from Signal Hill. Patrick was a joy to chat with, a great running buddy, and he's a known presence on the mountain, nearly every person we came across knew him. :)

With all the stops for photos, the run took us about 1.5 hours, and I was back at the hotel by 10.30a. If I lived in the area, I would definitely make this one of my go-to runs—it's a great workout with interesting terrain and absolutely gorgeous views.

cescape, Owner at Cape Escape Tours Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank-you for joining until next..