Cape Escape Tours Day Tours
Review Highlights
A wonderful, relaxed and very enjoyable tour

My partner and I cannot speak highly enough of Patrick. Sadly we only had a half day to spare, but... read more

Reviewed yesterday
G_MacDonald_11
Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great, reliable service

Patrick is a charming, knowledgeable guy who provides great service. I had a great morning climbing... read more

Reviewed 13 October 2018
awoolnough
Cape Town Central, South Africa
via mobile

All reviews full day tour lion's head private tour day trip wine tasting skeleton gorge great guide breathtaking views table mountain sally stellenbosch winery cape penguins company trail route
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I enjoy sightseeing runs when I travel and generally I simply study Maps and go out on my own. However, a friend—who lives in Cape Town—strongly suggested that I go with a guide or running group when trail running in the area. I never felt in danger during my stay in Cape Town, but I also could not ignore the emphasis on safety of self and belongings from conversations with locals. Simply for peace of mind, I ran with a guide.

I signed up for the 360 Lion's Head Trail Run and Patrick picked me up at my hotel in Camps Bay the next day ~7.45a. The route, just shy of a 10k, is a figure 8 loop that runs around both Lion's Head and Lion's Rump (aka Signal Hill). It's mostly trail with a little bit of road. The trail sections are single track with a few technical areas (large rocks), and there are definitely hills, some gentle inclines, some stairs. My total elevation gain ~770ft.

Patrick pointed out different neighborhoods in the city bowl and gave some interesting trivia along the way. But the views—Table Mountain, Lion's Head, beaches, and the Twelve Apostles mountain range...I couldn't stop enough for photos! We even got to watch tandem paragliders launch from Signal Hill. Patrick was a joy to chat with, a great running buddy, and he's a known presence on the mountain, nearly every person we came across knew him. :)

With all the stops for photos, the run took us about 1.5 hours, and I was back at the hotel by 10.30a. If I lived in the area, I would definitely make this one of my go-to runs—it's a great workout with interesting terrain and absolutely gorgeous views.

Date of experience: July 2017
cescape, Owner at Cape Escape Tours Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank-you for joining until next..

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We had a fantastic day doing the Cape Point tour with Patrick. Patrick came across as very knowledgeable and we got to know a lot of things about Cape Town and its surroundings directly from one who was very well versed with the area. My little one loved the scenic drive as much as us. Thank you Patrick for a wonderful day out and look forward to doing the bike tour the next time we visit Cape Town! Best wishes until then from Singapore.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 19 July 2016

Booked a trip down to the Cape of Good Hope with Cape Escape. From the minute we were picked up (along with a couple of other passengers) it was an easy and relaxing day. Rather than going down the atlantic side, we headed down the east side of the peninsula in the morning, the advantage being we'd see the sunset coming back in the afternoon. Just a great day, along with a guide who was responsive to our concerns. Great job!!

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Robert T
Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

We had an amazing time and a fascinating day trip to the Cape of good hope with Cape escape tours. We really recommend to book this trip because it is so well organized and it will fullfill your day for sure. Either as a group of friends or as a family or even as a couple - you will have an awesome time there for sure.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank julylikes
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Our guide was Patrick. He was excellent, very informative, friendly and efficient. This is well worth it and a great way to see the beautiful natural attractions outside of Capetown

Date of experience: April 2016