“Good value for money meal”
Review of Ocean Basket

Ocean Basket
Ranked #167 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

If you want a good value for money and not expensive. Nothing fancy. Just a lovely fish restaurant that now serves sushi. Great fresh fish. Nice menu. Love the kingklip (South African firm white fish) with calamari and chips. Can’t complain. Always nice. Highly recommend

Reviewed 11 December 2017

I'd actually give it 8 starts for the service (Clifford) and the presentation of the food as well as the preparation. I chose the Hake and Prawns which were extremely delicious. The seafood is always above par at Ocean Basket.

The only thing, and it's a minor thing, is quite a few of the white wines were out of stock; but I understand I work in hospitality myself. But the wine I had went very well with the food.

Clifford was doing very well, even though he had a big party in his section. He visited all his tables timeously and was good all round.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Perfect calamari! Delicious kingklip! It's a great place to go if you want to share food. Amazing platters.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

We were a table of 6 people, the drinks and the food took forever to get to us. I looked around and the restaurant was more than 50% empty, so no excuse in my opinion.
When the food came, it was fresh, hot and very tasty.
In fact all 6 of us enjoyed the food. We also all felt it was good value for money.
When the bill came I chose to pay in cash.
Boy did this cause a problem, they had to run around trying to find change for me.
The thing is that with both a tip and rounding it off, all I wanted was R30 and they couldn't find the money - sigh.
In the end I either had to increase the tip by R10 or reduce it by R10 to "fit in" with the change they could find.
I wasn't impressed and the frustration spoilt what was a good meal.
Where is your float Mr Manager?

Reviewed 21 November 2017

This restaurant was recommended by a local. When we found it in the mall we were unsure about what to expect. The staff was friendly and efficient. We were seated outside with a view of the waterfront activity. We ordered a number of dishes and everything was excellent. Best seafood, especially the calamari. We went back the next night for a repeat dinner and we were not disappointed. Once again, the service and food was beyond expectations. Great value for your money.