“Almond vs Chocolate ... the great debate”
Review of Jason Bakery

Jason Bakery
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 8 May 2017

I have never been a fan of almond croissants. I find them sickly sweet in a way that makes me want to brush my teeth as soon as I’ve paid the bill, but on a recommendation from a friend who can’t drive past no matter how hard he tries today, today I find myself on a street corner on Bree Street, sipping an Americano and relishing (yes relishing) an almond croissant. Apparently it’s the THING to have at Jason’s Bakery.

It’s clear that croissants are their thing. There’s a croissant emblem on the inside lip of my Americano cup, which, if I hadn’t already ordered one, would’ve pointed my subconscious in that direction.

The couple sitting next to me are instagramming up a storm with their Eggs Benedict on fresh butter croissants, so clearly there’s a good full breakfast menu, but for now, I’m enjoy each light pastry mouthful of my almond croissant. Did I mention I’m eating an Almond croissant? It’s light, fluffy with a temptation of almond essence seemingly folded into each delicious mouthful. No marzipan in sight!

All I can do, as I ask for the bill, is send a little thank you to the staff of this gem of a find in the inner city with this post...

Dear Jason’s Bakery,

I’ll be back.

Your truly;
Recently Recovered Chocolate Croissant Girl
aka Monique Gibson

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

One of the hottest places in town. Be there early to grab a table. Is vibrant and relaxing. The food is awesome, but not a lot of egg choice. Go for the bread. Or the granola, which looked like a painting.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

First timers following a recommendation.This place is very popular and at 9-00 hrs we had a five minute wait for a seat. It was great watching all the people around and we ordered take away coffees which arrived as we were seated. A very well managed and organised restuarant with the take ways kitchen apparently separate from the main kitchen. Whatever, it works very well. We had breakfast and the scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage was more than enough with no toast. Their menu is very cleverly designed as there are a lot of add on options so LCHF works very well.
The vibe is great and is probably created by the lack of space, A lekker breakfast.
All enjoyed their meals and we will be back when visiting CT again.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Iced soy latte was amazing, as was the sandwich I had. Good spot to get some work done, catch up with friends, or just to grab a quick bite. Service was amazing; everyone was so friendly and happy to help!

Reviewed 18 April 2017

I have followed jason's bakery on instagram for a while, desperate to try the cuisine I had drooled over for ages. It did not disappoint! We had homemade hot cross buns and fantastic coffee!