“Delicious lunch in Woodstock!”

Saucisse Boutique Deli
Ranked #127 of 1 288 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 4 December 2016

This is a very cool, very funky (in the best sense!) deli that has an outstanding staff that serves very good food. They feature sandwiches and salads as well as a selection of delectable looking baked good.

I started my lunch with a brownie that was generous enough in size I was able to share it with my wife and a friend. For my lunch, I had a delicious Serrano ham wrap that contained basil pesto, sun dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and rocket. Note that you can customize your meal from bread used to varying the ingredients in sandwiches and salads. They also have a variety of hot and cold beverages to choose from and both indoor and outdoor seating.

The owner's father was particularly welcoming to diners and honored me with a request to sign the deli’s guest book. This may have been my favorite lunch experience in Cape Town.

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

The poached eggs and ham were delicious and the coffee strong and hot. At 8am on a weekday the patio was quiet and breakfast was leisurely.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

went on market day when they have many vendors set up food stalls under a tent - while you can try food under the tent and struggle to find a clean place to sit and eat food, you can go into the biscuit mill courtyard and walk down 5 steps to this basement eatery that has on offer anything you might want for breakfast or lunch. I had the poached eggs with hollandise sauce with rocket on delicious sourdough bread. Good service, free wifi, and excellent expresso.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

This cute little Deli is located in the Old biscuit Mill where every Saturday the neighbourgoods market takes place. At this day it is very busy but u can leave your number and they call u when a table is ready so it is possible to walk around during waiting time... The breakfast menu is creative and well presented. We had saucisse benedict and the Vegan dream. The food was delicious and the Staff very friendly. We were placed at the big table which invites for a chat with the neighbours.

We highly recommend this place but better not on a Saturday because the market serves a huge variety of food in the food hall for which should be space ;-)

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Stopped here for breakfast and were definitely not disappointed! They even let us order even though we were about 15 min late for the breakfast menu (thank you!) and we loved both dishes we got: Smoked Salmon Trout & Saucisse Benedict. Coffee was delicious, and it looked like a nice place to buy meat, cheese and fresh cake as well... definitely recommend it!