Icon Luxury Apartments
  • Restaurant
US$235
US$209
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$134
Hilton
  • Pool
Park Inn by Radisson Cape Town Foreshore(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$79
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$166
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Pool
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$84
  • Bar/Lounge
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$787
US$747
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfood lovers marketlong streetself cateringthe ground floornice apartmentwashing machinethese apartmentsone bedroom apartmenthome from homeunderground parkingexcellent locationwalking distanceliving roomeasy accessthe penthousecentral locationtable mountain
Reviewed 18 February 2017

This is about the 4th time I am staying at the apartments and remain impressed by the quality of the facilities, design/decorations of the rooms and its proximity to the CTICC and malls/eateries. It gives you the sense of being at home, compared to hotels. It is also cost efficient, compared to costs of hotels with comparable facilities.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2017

The room and facilities were lovely. The wi Fi connection was good. I think the location of the property was convenient. I enjoyed the size of the room and it's service offerings from the DSTV to the private balcony.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2017

I have travelled to many countries and stayed in different locations. But this place is one of the best ever we have stayed and we were there for an United Nations Programme. We experienced a best-in-class locality of the hotel and awesome service.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2017

This apartment was okay, in a reasonable position and in a slightly run down conition compared to the photos. The main complaint however is that the air on did not work despite our raising the issue with the check in agent and looking at previous reviews had not worked for some time.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HomefromHomeCT, General Manager at Icon Luxury Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Dear Valued Guest

I am not sure if you stayed with Home from Home or other privately run apartments. I am trying to find your name on my reservations system to no avail.

Kind Regards
Warren Ndlovu

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Pros:
Rented the 2 bed, 2bath, more than big enough, nicely appointed, a good apartment away from home, great location for downtown work and CTICC.
Cons:
Arrived on Sunday afternoon
No second set of keys (my colleague had already checked in), telling me my colleague had them, which he did not, front desk was just disorganised, got a generic spare in the end
Inside of the second bathroom, the door, had no handle, so if the door shut, well, you were stuck. This actually happened to me on Tuesday, as no one bothered to fix the door on Monday.
We notified front desk on Tuesday lunchtime, no one fixed it.
Notified front desk on Wednesday afternoon, no one fixed it, I asked why, no answer, I asked for management to call me, no call
By Thursday I had a slight sense of humour failure, I again reported it at front desk, where the manager on duty confirmed that all the notifications had been received, I asked why no one bothered fixing it, of course, no answer, I asked for management to call me, still waiting for that call.
The rooms were cleaned efficiently (although the edges and corners of the counters are accumulating large layers of dust), but towels were randomly replaced, i.e. sometimes no hand towel, sometimes no shower mat, sometime only a single towel, again, this was reported but on duty management had no answer as to why this was so sloppy.
So, if you lucky enough to get a room with no faults, overall the apartments are a good stay away from home, but I would seriously change management!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business