“Excellent restaurant”

Ranked #141 of 1 207 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

We were given a voucher for Marc's table by a friend and we decided one Friday night to have dinner there. It was a really amazing experience. A low-key location and the restaurant itself has an intimate ambience. The soft music in the background, subtle lighting and cozy seating provide a very calm and relaxed atmosphere. The service was excellent, our very helpful and friendly waiter/manager, Louis, took care of our every need with a smile. The food did not dissapoint either, the beef carpaccio and fish cake starters were divine. For the main, the lamb dish was simply phenomenol, perfectly cooked and the perfect portion size. The asian-inspired pork belly was simply delicious as well. For dessert, the chocolate fondant is definitely a must have, consisting of a variety of  textures and flavors that compliment one another extremely well. Overall, an excellent dining experience, great food, a very cosy atmosphere and great service!

Reviewed 24 September 2016

We visited Marc's Table for dinner to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and I can say that it is truelly amazing.
The location from the main hotel, being down a flight of stairs creates an inclination of exclusivity, as you feel as if you're happening on a very private and intimate affair. Being a cold night with the outside area not used and the restaurant thus cocooned off from the rest of the world, the atmosphere created by the soft, unique and trendy lighting, intimate seating and soft music reinforces the sense of opulence.
The highlight in any restaurant needs to be the food, and Marc's Table did not dissapoint. The menu was unique and innovative and the resultant tastes achieved I know I will not find anywhere else - from the starters of beef carpaccio and a cheese souffle to the main meals of chicken and the other of butter fish and a decadent chocolate fondant dessert, all divine tastes were unique from anything I had ever tasted before. For me the accompanying sauces on your plate played a big role in creating that uniqueness. I had been trying fish meals throughout Cape Town during my holiday to hit the spot and none did as this one had, I will even go as far as to say it was the best fish dish I have ever eaten.
Excellent food, great atmosphere, we will definitely be back!

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

We were delighted to find somewhere to eat that was so close to our accommodation at Harbour Terrace, and were not disappointed by the meal. For starters I had a delicious fish cake, with poached egg, asparagus and hollandaise sauce, whilst my husband enjoyed his cheese soufflé. We both had the Asian Pork Belly for our main course, which was beautiful. Neither of us could manage a dessert, but they all looked tempting. We were well looked after by a friendly guy, who appreciated my spouse's sense of humour (I think!). We would certainly recommend this jewel.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

I purchased a Groupon deal for a lunch at Marc's Table based at the Sugar Hotel in Greenpoint. 4 of us went for lunch on this voucher and we were really pleased with our experience. I had previously bought a Groupon Voucher for another venue and was disappointed so went to Marc's with a little apprehension, From the moment we arrived and being met and welcomed by Louis the Manager to when we left 2 and half hours later we were impressed. Our food was absolutely delicious and different to what I normally eat good old steaks!!! The restaurant part of this boutique hotel was weel appointed and very comfortable and the service from Louis who also acted as the waiter was superb. Well done and great lunch was had by us all!!!!

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed at sugar hotel and after a long day recovering from our travels we thought we'd "just stay in" and have a meal at the hotel. It turns out our expectations were far too low! From the moment we sat down the service was brilliant, personalised & genuine - we could tell that Louis wanted to give us a great evening with great food & wine; delivered with real care and passion. Do not underestimate this as a 'hotel restaurant' - it is a fine dining experience in a lovely setting (great decor) and the type of food that you still manage to find room for even when you are full! It feels undiscovered - like a hidden jewel. We will be back! Thank you for a memorable experience - Alice