The Lions
  • Restaurant
US$235
US$216
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$120
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$77
  • Bar/Lounge
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$209
US$204
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$132
  • Pool
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$790
US$751
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsguest housetable mountainwhale roomcommon rooms areexcellent holidayfriendly and helpful ownerspeaceful locationtrendy kloof streetlong streetlovely guesthousenougatstay in cape townhonesty barnice rooma lovely staybus stopmyciti bus
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I highly recommend the Lions - everything is exactly as advertised - superb location, superb hosts, and superb breakfast. They go out of their way to meet your needs, are highly communicative, and generally helpful. Will definitely stay again!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
antonymaltz, Owner at The Lions, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

It was a pleasure hosting your stay John.

We are happy that you found everything to be as advertised and that you plan to stay in the future.

We look forward to making improvements in the interim that your experience is as memorable as it was on your last stay.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

I spend one night in Cape Town due to work. The guest house is in an excellent location to all the best spots in Cape Town. The room I stayed in was comfortable and the bathroom was clean with a nice big shower. Shower supplies and a hairdryer was also provided. The garden has a beautiful view of Table mountain. The staff are also very friendly.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

The guest house is in a prime area to many of the major tourist attractions.

We are happy that you enjoyed the use of the garden as it is our little oasis and it offers super relaxing time away from the noise as our garden is tucked away in the back of the establishment.

We look forward to hopefully hosting your stay in the future.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Wonderful place,
Well located, clean, calm, comfortable and convenient.
The breakfast is delicious!!!
Beautiful garden and amazing view to the Table Mountain
The team is always available to help you and give you a hand.
Great experience in Cape Town.

Room Tip: Rhynos and Leopardus
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It was wonderful to host your stay Juan Felipe and Elizabeth.

We are always happy to engage with guests and to share our local secrets. I am glad that you had the opportunity to have the time to explore Cape Town and the Winelands.

I personally had a super connection with both of you.

It was a pleasure to host your stay and was really sad to see you leave.

We hope to have you stay in the near future.

With Cape Town Greetings

Reviewed 18 January 2018

I stayed only for one night at the Lion's guest house and arrived very late. The owner was very friendly and was present late to receive me. The room was equipped with everything only the bed was not very comfortable, but the breakfast made up for it. It was just amazing, pancakes with smoked salmon, avocado, asparagus and lettuce. There was also juice, fresh fruits and coffee or tea. It was really something I did not expect. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A great guest house for your stay in Cape Town.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Elizabeth it was a real pleasure hosting your stay.

We really enjoy meeting new guests and having the opportunity to engage with you was a rewarding experience.

We are happy that you enjoyed our fresh daily breakfast that many guests keep on talking about as the highlight of the stay.

We look forward to hopefully hosting your stay in the future.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

This was my first trip going solo, so I was incredibly nervous and wasn't sure what to expect. Antony assisted me so well in advising about the transportation that I would be able to use as well as any other questions or queries that I may have had. They allowed me to drop off my luggage early in the morning and explore the city, which is not what you would easily expect to find. The staff were completely hospitable and friendly. I felt completely at home in my room. Everything was well furnished, well equipped and CLEAN! The guesthouse is about a 10 minute drive to Camps Bay Beach or to Table Mountain. It is ideally located in town making it easy to get from place to place without costing too much. Breakfast was absolutely amazing! Like completely delicious- i can't stop bragging about it. I would highly recommend staying at The Lions and will definitely be back myself. The staff & owners are so hospitable that you feel welcomed and relaxed from the time you get there. I have nothing bad to say. 100 Stars from Me!

Nastassja Naidoo

Room Tip: Ask for the Leopard Room- it has the best view of Table Mountain.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Natassja, thank you for taking the time to write such a lengthy review and for providing us 100 stars which I think is a real compliment.

It was definitely a pleasure to host your stay.

We are thrilled that you had an overall positive experience and that you plan to stay again.

We look forward to hosting your stay in the future.

With Cape Town Greetings