The New Tulbagh Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$235
US$216
  • Pool
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$148
US$64
  • Restaurant
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$133
Hilton
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$121
Protea Hotels
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$77
  • Bar/Lounge
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$790
US$751
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfamily holidayhotel is centrally locatedthe general managerlong streetstar hotelbreakfast was excellenttable mountaingriffithwaterfrontcbdrand
Reviewed 29 January 2018

The hotel is located in the city centre, close to the lower end of Long Street. The hotel lobby and the lifts look a bit ‘dated’, but the room and bathroom that we had were very clean, spacious and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was good and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The square on which the hotel is located is a bit ‘sleazy’, but there are lots of good restaurants within walking distance, such as the upper section of Long Street and the area around Green Market Square (10 mins). The V&A Waterfront with is also within walking distance (15 mins).

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I booked here last minute via Booking.com because it was the most central (I needed to take the train next day and station was half a mile away).
I paid the equivalent of £40 for bed and breakfast in a clean and perfectly acceptable hotel. Quite a lot of construction noise ( hotel is in the Central Business District) going on in day from surrounds but nice and quiet at night. Aircon and good room facilities.
Lady on reception was extremely helpful and professional and all the staff were gently fanastastic. No hotel parking but for 70 rand (about 4 quid or 5 dollars) you had all day parking in courtyard behind hotel frontage (with direct access to hotel via back entrance).
For the price, regardless of the price, I doubt I could have picked a better hotel. Thank you staff - you have a great team and location. Keep the prices competitive!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank JHazzers
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I was booked in to the hotel on a business trip for a full board with another colleague. When we arrived we were both given rooms right next to the elevator. The elevator is extremely noisy so I went to ask if I could have my room changed to no luck. I dreaded having to go back to the hotel for the entire three nights spent there.
Breakfast was just terrible & I wish I was exaggerating. I ordered an omelette and had to wait 20mins for it, at which I had already resorted to having scrambled eggs on the buffet menu. The croissants were as stale as can be (on the 2nd morning I resorted to taking a picture of one). The bacon was soaking in oil and it was a very unpleasant sight to see. On the third morning my colleague and I resorted to having cereal as we could not stand anything else.
Ordering room service at dinner was a nightmare; there was no menu in the room. Everytime I wanted to order I would have to call Reception for someone to bring the menu once done call again to have someone come take my order. On the first night I ordered lamb chops, one of the three chops was basically raw and just drenched in basting sauce. Second night I decide to go down to the restaurant to order myself and I immediately wished I didn’t. The gentleman I found was less than pleased to assist me up until another person came to my rescue.
What completely appalled and threw me off was the cleanliness. On two occasions I came back in the evening with dirty crockery & left over dinner, used glasses & empty soda cans from the previous night. On the first instance I thought it was a mistake, on the second day I resorted to taking pictures yet again. I had opened a milk satchet on the first night wanting to have tea but decided against it. The opened milk remained there the whole duration of my stay.
To say that this is worst hotel I have ever been to in SA would be an understatement. The only good thing about this trip was when I was checking out.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Lungi N
Reviewed 6 December 2017

This is a 3 star hotel, in Cape Town. Centrally located within walking distance to Bus and Train Station and makes this hotel an ideal launching pad to the major Cape Town attractions namely Victoria & Albert Waterfront, Table Mountain as well as the beaches.
There is an on site restaurant, not sure if does dinner though.
Most of the rooms have two single beds - which appeared to be a sore point with all guests that checked in that day. The rooms are quite big (beds are just tiny) and sorely in need an upgrade, everything looks worn, including the linen.
All in all you get what you pay for, as this hotel comparatively is cheaper than the surrounding hotels.

Final word of advice, don't mistake this hotel for the Tulbagh Hotel in Somerset West

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Was very excited about the trip to Cape Town. Nice taxi driver delivered us to hotel. At check in we could hear what we thought was a jackhammer but we soon learned it was the lift noise. The air conditioner didn't work, the door to the outside could not be shut or locked! There was mould in the shower and the beds not very comfortable, the pillow were all lumpy, but the thing that turned my stomach was the blood stained ( and who knows what else) that was on the sheets!
Not somewhere I will ever return to

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple