Reviews (1 314)
1 314 results
All reviews jazz brunch harvey's bar sea point inner courtyard lovely courtyard free shuttle sea view colonial style beach road junior suite hotel shuttle camps bay reception staff hop on hop off bus charming hotel shuttle service the hotel offers
400 - 405 of 1 314 reviews
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

What a nice restaurant...good service and good food and great view. Everyone was friendly and the food was plentiful and good. Highly recommend. We almost stayed here as well but chose another location. Next time I would stay here to try it.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Murray N, Managing Director at Winchester Mansions, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Harveys. Our chef takes a lot of pride in his food and he will be happy to hear that you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you to the Winchester Mansions should you decide to stay with us in the future, you will not be disappointed. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

I had a nice stay
unfortunately no seaview
but very good breakfast
service was average
room clean
pool very small
restaurant O.K but not much variation
reception O.K but not very helpful
I was quite disappointed that the transfer was so very expensive
WIFI did not work in my room

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for staying at the Winchester Mansions. I am sorry to hear that you had WiFi issues, this is not usually an issue and assure you it must have been a once off incident that we could have easily rectified had we known. I apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please let reservations know the next time you book that you would like a sea view room, if available we will gladly accommodate you. Thank you for your support.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Originally has booked a single night here for the first night of our stay in Cape Town and stayed in one of their sea view suites. We had been here on a previous trip just for a drink in their wonderful veranda bar.

The rooms are comfortable and staff here are fantastic, breakfast has a great selection and it's lovely to sit outside and watch the paragliders land in front of the hotel.

We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant but it did seem busy in the evenings and had an attractive menu.

They have a shuttle service available which can be booked at reception and is complimentary. Limited parking is available, we were lucky to be able to use it the 3 nights we stayed.

As we are the kind of travellers who don't book ahead (like to travel around and find places as we go) we decided this time to book another 2 nights at the end of our trip here again!

We would definitely stay here again and plan to do so when we return to Cape Town next March!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Murray N, Managing Direcrtor at Winchester Mansions, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

It is so wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for letting us know. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed it so much you decided to extend your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back in March. Thank you for your support.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

Great Hotel. Very well located, with rooms nice and very clean. Staid and confortable decoration. Great cost-benefit relationship, particulary for high professionalism of staff. Very solicitous and polite. Point fort of Hotel. Worth it!

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Murray N, Managing Director at Winchester Mansions, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Thank you for this wonderful rating and comment! Seeing feedback like this makes all our hard work so worthwhile. Our staff work very hard to make all our guests feel welcomed and comfortable. We do hope you will visit us again as we would love to have you back.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

I was a solo traveller on a tour. I was given a small room at the rear on the ground floor
It was rather small and I had the feeling I was in the box room. It did have all the usual amenities.
The Bar and verandah at the front was an excellent venue to watch the world go and have a refreshing drink after a day sightseeing and also have a light meal from a very interesting and appetizing menu.
The reception staff were extremely helpful with information about how to get to the wharf area and the Victoria and Alfred shopping centre and assistance when my suitcase did not arrive.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. Its so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and to hear my staff was able to assist you with recovering your luggage. I am glad to see you enjoyed Harveys Bar, its definitely a hot spot in Cape Town. We hope to welcome you back very soon.