Lowest prices for your stay
US$71
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$63
TravelocityUS$63
getaroom.comUS$73
All reviews long street reception staff convenient location beautiful hotel cticc capsules waterfront
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

Great base to explore Cape Town..comfortable and clean rooms, great helpful staff, good breakfast (cooked items). The only thing I would want to point out is that the cheese and cold cuts display kept at breakfast next to the fruits had some "fruit flies"/insects in it, perhaps they should do something about it!

We spent two nights here and overall I would recommend it!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank radhika_agrawal4
Reviewed 27 January 2020

I stayed here in early Jan for a few days then went off to Paternoster and came back to stay a couple more nights before I flew out. I liked this hotel because it was a minimum fuss, plenty of space place. The rooms are an excellent size, the breakfast is served in an unhurried, gentle pace (and there's a cracking selection to munch on), and the staff are all extremely friendly. In particular a marvellous person (Namhla) on reception helped me out with my ad-hoc booking when I returned and she was able to find me a rate that corresponded to the on line price - even thoughit was a walk-up. Waterfront area is a short walk away, but I spent more time on Long Street which is just nearby, and took several walks around Gardens and Orangezicht. Great hotel, lovely staff, fine location. Bar is good too !

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 14 January 2020

Although it is theoretical a convenient location close to many of the city's attractions, it is a bad/dodgy area with a lot of noise and beggars and street sleepers less from 20 meters from the front entrance. Limited parking with only 8 places reserved for the hotel's guests - rest open for public. Sticky, dirty gum from the trees dripped onto my vehicle messing up the windscreen, paint, and even causing sticky doors difficult to open afterwards. The entrance from the parking into the hotel's backdor is through/past a noisy kitchen area - not very professional. No vehicle access to the front entrance. At night this is not nice at all.
I slept on the 4th floor (top) and the people and aircon noise from the surrounding buildings forced me to close all my windows. The views from the rooms are straight into the buildings next door.
I asked reception about the TV channels to watch the live sport. The receptionist did not know. She called the maintenance man who also did not know. He strated fiddling with the WiFi on the TV in the sitting room. Eventually I found the appropriate channels on my romm's TV although the image quality was not good.
The stairs to the top floors goes past kitchen cabinets and were not very clean. Empty beer bottles were left on the stairs.
On the plus side: the rooms aref ine with quality linen, furniture and fittings. The best was the Nespresso coffee machine with enough capsules and milk for one person.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 12 December 2019

The property is location is good. However, the noice from outside can be heard through windows. I was impressed with the service at the hotel. It shares parking with the other building in the area. If you have car with wheel caps they are at risk of being stolen because access to the parking area is not restricted to quest.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 June 2019

Large rooms , very clean, Nice welcome, Free WiFi.
Pool was closed due to water shortage so unable to comment.
Staircase was very dark and dingy and didn't look too clean.
Staff were very friendly, reception even tried to mend my watch strap for me which i broke while there.
Breakfast very good.
We ate in restaurant one evening and food was very good and well priced.

Date of stay: May 2019