Hollow On The Square Cape Town City Hotel
US$134
  • Restaurant
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$131
Hilton
US$218
US$210
  • Pool
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$144
US$63
  • Restaurant
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$146
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$276
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$118
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$751
  • Breakfast included
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Pool
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$81
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmorning staffthe main hotel buildingroom was largelong streetcomfortable roomsbreakfast was amazingroom service isbreakfast includedbusiness triphotel experiencewalking distancefront desk staffthe entire staffwi fibusiness hotelhotel roomexcellent hotel
Reviewed 16 September 2017

The room was fantastic and the housekeeping staff very diligent and attentive to guest needs. Breakfast was generally ok but very greasy as most of the food was deepfried.

The downside is that you get one wifi voucher which restricts you to one device only and half the time denies you connection saying you are already logged in even when you are not.

The tv lost signal halfway through my stay and even after reporting it to reception, nothing was done.

Room Tip: Corner rooms away from the main road are best
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We stayed over for 1 night on a Namakwaland coach tour. The hotel where clean, good service, nice rooms with now view. The buffet dinner was a disgrace, half the bus was sick that night after eating dinner. Drinks and water total overpriced. The breakfast the next morning was not suitable as the potatoes of the previous night where served again for breakfast - not acceptable. Don't wast your time of your money!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017

My yearly visit to this fine establishment. A definite must if you are a traveler who would like to be in the centre of the city. Great to get around. Lovely restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. Food of good quality. Room are beautifully appointed and very spacious.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Green Annexure is spendid
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Thank Cornelia Elizab... K
Reviewed 8 September 2017

In a world of many options, this is not one of them. I am in the hotel consulting business and my intention here is to be objective and fair.
I landed in Cape Town for business and had been booked into Hollow on The Square on Mon 4th Sep 2017. The criteria for selection was simple: 4 star, wifi and close to my client.

Their room rate of R1290/night is beginning to enter the premium range. But when you arrive, it's not that. It's an old property that's been re-tiled and repainted. Do not expect anything more.

Nevertheless, for us business travelers, wifi and comfort matter more. Sadly the wifi was too weak to hold a video call with my client -so I used my data. And once my call was done, I realsied their TV set didn't work.

And nothing of this was mentioned when they ask you to settle the bill up front.

So requested the manager to check me out and get the funds returned to my card. He did and I felt safe with the refund slip in my hand. I called next door to see if they had a room with working wifi and TV -they did, and it was R850 a night!

I went there and I thought I had solved my problems! But sadly I got a notification 2 days later that manager at the Hollow hotel, had now taken my transaction for deposit!!! And when we called with an intention of informing him this was a mistake, his reply was "he'd have to investigate"

If only he'd investigate the state of his price, his wifi and his TV service. I didn't stay they night but they have my money...

When will you correct this Mr Manager?

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 August 2017

We stayed there for 2 nights and were very satisfied.The hotel is well situated for getting to Waterfront and for catching the "Hop on Hop off" tourist bus.The room was large and comfortable and the staff were very helpful, even taking us to the bus stop
on our first day.
There is an excellent wine shop just round the corner where we bought some very good
South African wine at a reasonable price.
Breakfast was included and was very good.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends