All reviews room was large long street walking distance laundry service location was perfect hotel room reception staff south africa water front cticc conference waterfront
Reviewed 2 March 2017

Had a brilliant stay! The hotel was clean, room was comfortable and most important to me the staff was helpful and the management looked after us so well.

The location is perfect and walking distance or cheap Uber from all the things I needed to do in CT central.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Excellent hotel of this class...wonderful property and kept extremely clean. Front desk staff is very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast area is spacious and one of the best in a south Africa have experienced. every time I visit cape town you my place

Room tip: book hallow in the square
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Musicexplore, General Manager at Hollow On The Square Cape Town City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear Valued Guest
Thanks so much for your wonderful feedback! We strive for a high level of customer service and its great to hear that you were impressed with the hotel. We look forward to your speedy return! Yours in hospitality Paul and the HOTS Team

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the green annexe. This building is detached from the main hotel and there are often people hanging around and begging when you move between the annexe and main building. The guys that checked me in late in the evening were funny and jovial but apart from that the hotel didn't have much feel about it. Would stay here again if visiting the Conference centre but otherwise as a tourist look to stay out of the CBD.
Was an easy walk to Long street and also hop on hop off bus office and also green square market.
Room was nice comfortable bed and decent shower.
Would recommend the main hotel not the annexe for solo foreign traveller.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ads102
Musicexplore, General Manager at Hollow On The Square Cape Town City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Dear Valued Guest thanks so much for your constructive feedback! Regarding the CBD and area although there are quite a few homeless persons wandering around the CBD we have 24 Hour security and pride ourselves on our security and ensuring the safety of guests. The Central Improvement District together with our security ensure that our area is an extremely safe one. In fact the level of crime in the CBD is extremely low. I urge you to consider staying in the CBD on your next visit and I together with one of my managers will personally take you around the city and share with you some of our favourite spots and show you why we love the CBD so much and believe it is one of the greatest city centres in the world. Thanks again for your valuable comments! Yours in hospitality Paul and the HOTS Team

Reviewed 27 February 2017

The best thing about this place is the location – just a 2-minute walk to the CTICC – very handy if you are in town for a conference. Also, about a 1 minute walk to the nearby Virgin Active gym if you feel the need for a workout (there are no exercise facilities at the hotel). It is a fairly low key, out-of-the-way place, located in a back alley – generally nice and quiet. The rooms were a bit dated, with old fixtures and furniture, but comfortable enough. The café downstairs was quite good, especially the breakfast buffet. There is a nice little outdoor eating area however it is generally clogged up with cigarette smoke, so we were forced to eat inside where the air was clean. In addition, all the cigarette smoke drifts into the hotel and even up into the rooms, especially since our window was directly above the outdoor eating area. It was quite disgusting, so we had to keep our windows tightly shut and crank up the AC.

Overall it was a reasonably good stay, however I will look for somewhere smoke-free for my next stay in Cape Town. It was just a bit too much.

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for your valuable feedback! We are pleased that you enjoyed the location, breakfast and overall had a good stay. Regarding the smoking it is a habit which we as an establishment do not endorse at all! All of our rooms are non-smoking rooms and all our common inside areas are also non-smoking. Unfortunately we have not as much control outside as it is a public walkway, but whilst saying this I have had a meeting with my management and staff today to request that when people smoke outside they do not do this in any areas where people are eating and as far as possible not below the rooms. Regarding the rooms almost all the rooms have now been refurbished and the remaining few of which you stayed in will be refurbished within the next 2 months. I would request that you consider emailing me personally at gm@hollowonthesquare.co.za for your next stay in Cape Town and that you consider trying our beautiful Green Annexe section or newly refurbished rooms. Thanks so much for your extremely constructive comments which will enable us to deliver better customer service in future. Yours in hospitality Paul and The HOTS Team.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Rather disappointing booked a luxury room was taken to another section of the hotel outside the main building was given a on the first floor. View was disguisting over seeing a terrible dirty shade with junk dumped. The plus side not work,the TV did not work. The manager on duty showed some interest but no apology and rather unfriendly.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest thanks so much for the feedback. The Green Annexe section is usually loved by our guests and I'm sorry that the room did not meet your expectations. My managers receive tremendous comments from our guests regarding their service and friendliness and this is extremely surprising to me. I would appreciate more feedback to me in a personal email so that I can establish who did assist you.
Kind regards Paul