“Best stay ever”
Review of La Splendida

La Splendida
Ranked #84 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 9 April 2016

Location is the best, staff are tops! Linen is divine experience and if you book Seaview facing room, it's heavenly . Restuarant part of hotel serves delicious food with wonderful compliment of friendly staff ! It's my home away from home when I am on business in Cape Town

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ResidentManager2015, General Manager at La Splendida, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Dear Ms. Gerdharee,

Thank you for visiting the La Splendida Hotel recently. My Team and I are delighted to note from your survey, that you enjoyed your stay with us!

It gives me great pleasure in always welcoming our return guests to ensure they are warmly received upon check in and during their stay.

It makes me extremely proud when we have lived up to our standard and by doing so, created an exceptional experience for our Guests. This in turn will hopefully ensure that La Splendida becomes your “home” when visiting Cape Town.

Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

Gross misrepresentation of the quality of the hotel from the photos provided online. Checked in on the 30th for a night and the room provided was in such poor shape we asked if we could pay to move room to a better one. Once we were told there was none available we requested to check out, suddenly rooms were available to upgrade to.

We decided to leave regardless as we weren't willing to waste more time at this hotel. We were told we could contact Expedia for a refund, but so far we have been unable to get the company to agree to release the refund to Expedia that the manager told us we could get before we left the premises.

The hotel room is VERY basic, and partial ocean view means if you place your face against the window you will get a glimpse of the ocean. The bathroom was in terrible condition, the grout in the tiles had so much mould in it that you could probably get ill just looking at it.

The secure parking is just an open yard in the back that they lock gates on at 11pm at night, if you need to come back before or after then, or are hoping to have a security guard keep an eye on your car, go park at a public building.

This hotel is a scam, do not waste your time or money here.

Have been awaiting a refund since then, have emailed the manager directly, have contacted the team via phone, and even tried through Expedia. They will not release my refund to Expedia.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Witty A
ResidentManager2015, General Manager at La Splendida, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Dear Mr. Byrne,

I have noted from your survey the unpleasant stay you have experienced with us.

It has saddened me greatly we have not lived up to our standard to ensure the problems you have encountered be dealt with in a more professional manner.

Your comments will not go unnoticed.

I have contacted you on your personal email.

Regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2016

Great Location ,stayed here 3 times needs new tvs with clear picture
Otherwise for the price can't complain . Great view and restaurants near by .
Close to waterfront , sea point and Clifton beach . ..

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank kyled556
ResidentManager2015, General Manager at La Splendida, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Dear Kyled556,

The issue with the picture quality has been addressed and will be resolved.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

Everything was good and I enjoyed my stay, but the wifi in my room (202) was terrible. Not usable. I had to go and sit downstairs. This is no good for anyone on a bussiness trip. I would not stay there again until I heard that the wifi was upgraded to the level of other similar hotels that I stayed at.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Dear LarryShore,

The issue with the WiFi has been addressed and a full signal survey conducted to enhance the signal strength of the WiFi to ensure our guests experience uninterrupted and strong signal.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

The room was very basic. Very. The room felt empty. The best part of the stay was the view and the breakfast. For the rate chared, I would have expected a bit more.
Greate location with a nice view if you have a sea view room.

Room Tip: Try to get room 202, 203, 302 or 303
Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ResidentManager2015, General Manager at La Splendida, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2016

Dear Castiel37,

The breakfast in Sotano Restaurant is fantastic and it is without a doubt the hotel is situated in a prestige location, giving you the panoramic views of the ocean and table mountain.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any future bookings.

We hope on your next visit to Cape Town, we can ensure La Splendida becomes your new ''home'' when visiting Cape Town.