Lowest prices for your stay
US$128
Reviews (2 357)
2 357 results
1 237
1 237
All reviews free shuttle convention center tsogo sun shuttle service breakfast buffet excellent stay excellent hotel water front easy access waterfront area enjoyed my stay table mountain south africa conference cticc concierge cape
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 2 357 reviews
Reviewed 7 December 2020

The hotel is beautiful and service was first class. I really enjoyed my 3 night stay at this hotel. The breakfast was sumptuous with very fresh fruits every morning. My best part was the beautiful and expansive lobby. All the workers were professional and served with a smile. However If I have to single one it will have to be Mr Fefe at front desk.

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Sbudatraveller
Reviewed 1 November 2020

I have to commend the staff and management for taking all the necessary covid precautions, whilst still allowing guests to enjoy their stay as they would pre Covid. The breakfast was delicious and despite some items being pre packaged or hot meals being served to us, we were able to enjoy the scrumptious food. The staff, in general went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and relaxed so that we could enjoy our stay as best as possible. The bar/restaurant staff accommodated our request for meal changes with a friendly and helpful approach. Zuko from the breakfast restaurant was a real gem and he ensured that we were well taken care of. He even tried to get pancakes added to the menu to cater for the kids, but unfortunately due to staff constraints this was not possible (and is understandable). There were small things that we could nitpick on, but chose not to, as we understand that the staff could have more responsibilities and are only human to forget small things. I highly recommend this beautiful hotel for your next stay in Cape Town.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Pieter Tepper, Guest Services / Front Office at Southern Sun The Cullinan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2020

Dear AnnalizaM4

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent visit.

We are pleased to see that you had a great stay with us and that you felt comfortable and safe during this trying time.

I am pleased to say that we are looking at providing a kiddies menu over the festive season.

The team and I are looking forward to your next visit. Possibly over the season period so that the kids can have the pancakes they missed out on, on you last visit.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 26 September 2020

We needed a break-away after a not so nice few months and my husband passing. Me and the kids were welcomed as if we were royalty.
Our rooms were clean
Staff were friendly
Breakfast and service was excellent

Date of stay: September 2020

Dear hanliekatjies

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your stay with us.

We are pleased to see that you had a great stay especially following tough times for you and the family.

The team and I cant wait to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2020

Thats my second time in Southern Sun Hotel and i´m deeply satisfied with the high quality service.
The rooms are very comfortable and the hotel restaurant have a very good service.
The Hotel its located near from Watter Front Mall and they have a shuttle for the guests.
I will recommend the hotel to my friends and to everyone that travel to Cape Town.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Pieter Tepper, Guest Services / Front Office at Southern Sun The Cullinan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2020

Dear Fearless110892

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback following your stay with us.

We are pleased to see you had a great stay with us .

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
We wish you all the best during this difficult time.

Reviewed 1 April 2020 via mobile

Stayed at the Sun in mid March as the shut down associated with Covid-19 intensified. Good four star room with good facilities and great in room toiletries. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Werner the concierge was fantastic and organised trips for us, a late checkout. He could not have been more helpful

Excellent fresh brekky included with a good choice and in house dinner good value. Good pool and pool side lounges with bar service. Also had a very value massage.

Very close to the many offerings of the V&A and waterfront and a convenient shuttle operated. Not far to walk to city centre

Recommend to all for location, services and superb staff

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear alexgh7338ds

We are pleased to see you had a great stay with us. I will relay your praises to Werner who I am sure will be ecstatic to hear he made your stay so much more memorable.

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
We wish you all the best during this difficult time.