US$129
US$110
Protea Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$93
Protea Hotels
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$209
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Mandela Rhodes Place Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$118
  • Restaurant
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$58
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$91
  • Bar/Lounge
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$132
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Urban Hive Backpackers(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$30
US$24
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$381
All reviewsspur restaurantfamily roomsmall balconyunderground parkingwalking distancestreet noisemain roadmother cityenjoyable stayeasy accesssignal hillsouth africatable mountainpromenadegymseapointlaptop
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel falls short on a lot of things. First of all we paid for a ‘Superior’ room. It is not superior at all. It is a basic room, very small. With a tiny bathroom (and I mean tiny). I’m not entirely sure what the superior implies. It may be that is it just superior to their standard rooms which must be a box in comparison. The towels are not the cleanest I’ve seen either. (Please bear in mind that there is a water shortage in Cape Town at the moment so cleaning and washing is kept to a minimum... but I still expect towels that don’t have marks on them).

Internet is not free. It is for the first 500mb and after that you have to pay for it. I have never been in a hotel where my internet usage has been capped before so find this frustrating.

And breakfast is not included in the price. We did not realise this when we sat down for breakfast, but we were then asked to pay for it afterwards. I felt a bit cheated as it would have been nice to have been told that is was not included. And for what it is it was expensive.

The staff are lovely though and the bed is comfy but for the price we paid and for the limited things we got for that price, I would not stay here again and recommend that others could find a better deal somewhere else in Cape Town.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leikela45
Katherine_L3, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

It is clear we have fallen short on a number of your expectations during your recent stay at Protea Hotel Sea Point and for this we sincerely apologise.

Our Superior Rooms are differentiated from our standard rooms by the separate bathroom, larger room as well as the balcony with partial sea view. Our standard rooms have the shower within the bedroom area.
Your concerns regarding the marked towels is noted; this is being closely monitored and addressed with our housekeeping TEAM.

We have just recently upgraded our wifi offering and offer unlimited wifi. We have not had anyone else advise us they have been capped at 500mb but we will monitor this closely.

Thank you for the positive feedback on our STAFF, we are glad to hear that you found them all friendly and you found your bed comfortable.

Once again, thank you for highlighting your concerns in order for us to improve where necessary our service and facilities.

Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed from December 26 till Jan 02

Housekeeping only change bed covers and towels. ( not every day)

General cleaning, very bad

Notes:
* Not good for a couples
* the rooms is very small
* Breakfast is good
* good area ( sea point)

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maddo0o
Katherine_L3, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear maddo0o

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Protea Sea Point.

Due to the sever drought in Cape Town, as Protea Hotels by Marriott we are committed to reducing our water consumption and have implemented a number of water saving initiatives. Your bed will be made, but your sheets will not be changed every day. This includes towels, should you leave them hanging.
This is noted on the linen cards placed in the room daily.
I am disappointed to hear that you found the general cleaning a concern and this will be brought to the attention of our housekeeping department and monitored very closely.

May we recommend that you try on of our Superior rooms on your next stay. These rooms are larger than our standard rooms, have a separate bathroom as well as a balcony with partial sea view.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfasts and made the most of the wonderful Sea Point area.

We do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

For a Marriott flagged facility the hotel is clearly third rate. First the good parts. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Location in the Sea Point area of Cape Town excellent. The room was clean Unfortunately that is where the good points end. The room while clean was extremely small. No drawer space and only room for a night table on one side of the bed. The shower floor was stainless steel. Slippery at best dangerous at worst. Just not up to any reasonable standard.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are any.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mickeygott
Katherine_L3, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear mickeygott

We are pleased to hear that you found the hotel and your room in clean condition and were able to experience our TEAM's friendliness and helpfulness first hand.
Sea Point is the perfect location from which to explore the wonder's of Cape Town.

We are however disappointed to hear that your room did not meet your expectations and sincerely apologise for this. Our standard rooms are our entry level rooms which is one room with the shower within the bedroom. We have taken note of your concerns and non-slip bath mats are available from our housekeeping department.

May we recommend that should you visit us again, you try one of our Superior Rooms. These have a separate bathroom with tiled shower floor and a balcony with partial sea view.

Once again, we do thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

very nice hotel. the staff at breakfast were particularly friendly.... they deserve a big thank you for making me feel welcome :) hotel itself was nice and modern and the restaurant which joined onto the hotel did very nice food.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2017

I just stayed there for 5 nights. I had 2 rooms, one for myself and the other for my elderly parents. As a lifetime Platinum Elite with Marriott I have stayed over 1000 nights with Marriott but this was my first time with the Protea brand. Throughout our stay we found the staff and service impeccable. Nothing was too much trouble. Gideon who I believe is the Manager of the front desk went out of his way to assist us. He
even used his personal cell phone to try and call a family member of mine as I was having difficulty due to the international/area dialing codes etc. The hotel is about 5 minutes walk to the beach and there are numerous restaurants also in walking distance. My parents enjoyed it so much they have booked to stay there again for a week in January. We are visiting from overseas and I want to thank all the staff for an excellent stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family