Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cascades on the Promenade(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Riviera Suites(Cape Town Central)
Mojo Hotel(Cape Town)
View Hotel
Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Spring Tide Inn(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Sweet Ocean View Guesthouse(Cape Town Central)
  • Bar/Lounge
Atico Of Penthouses(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Premier Hotel Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
All reviewsspur restaurantfamily roomsmall balconyhotel is greatwalking distanceunderground parkingstreet noisevery nice staymain roadbuffet breakfastrestaurants and shopseasy accesscamps baysignal hillenjoyed my staysouth africatable mountain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 December 2017

For a Marriott flagged facility the hotel is clearly third rate. First the good parts. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Location in the Sea Point area of Cape Town excellent. The room was clean Unfortunately that is where the good points end. The room while clean was extremely small. No drawer space and only room for a night table on one side of the bed. The shower floor was stainless steel. Slippery at best dangerous at worst. Just not up to any reasonable standard.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are any.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mickeygott
Katherine_L3, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear mickeygott

We are pleased to hear that you found the hotel and your room in clean condition and were able to experience our TEAM's friendliness and helpfulness first hand.
Sea Point is the perfect location from which to explore the wonder's of Cape Town.

We are however disappointed to hear that your room did not meet your expectations and sincerely apologise for this. Our standard rooms are our entry level rooms which is one room with the shower within the bedroom. We have taken note of your concerns and non-slip bath mats are available from our housekeeping department.

May we recommend that should you visit us again, you try one of our Superior Rooms. These have a separate bathroom with tiled shower floor and a balcony with partial sea view.

Once again, we do thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 26 December 2017

very nice hotel. the staff at breakfast were particularly friendly.... they deserve a big thank you for making me feel welcome :) hotel itself was nice and modern and the restaurant which joined onto the hotel did very nice food.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2017

I just stayed there for 5 nights. I had 2 rooms, one for myself and the other for my elderly parents. As a lifetime Platinum Elite with Marriott I have stayed over 1000 nights with Marriott but this was my first time with the Protea brand. Throughout our stay we found the staff and service impeccable. Nothing was too much trouble. Gideon who I believe is the Manager of the front desk went out of his way to assist us. He
even used his personal cell phone to try and call a family member of mine as I was having difficulty due to the international/area dialing codes etc. The hotel is about 5 minutes walk to the beach and there are numerous restaurants also in walking distance. My parents enjoyed it so much they have booked to stay there again for a week in January. We are visiting from overseas and I want to thank all the staff for an excellent stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

The staff are rude and cocky. The rooms are tiny and the staff are lazy. Breakfast is not that great. Very pricy for the buffet as it it not worth it. Would never stay here again. Worst hotel I been at.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sydney G
Katherine_L3, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear Sydney G

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.
I am disappointed to hear you did not have a good time with us and I sincerely apologise as this is not our usual high level of service that we are proud to offer.
Your feedback regarding our TEAM has been noted and has been seen in a very serious light. This will be very closely monitored so as to ensure that what you experienced was an isolated incident.
Your concerns raised regarding our breakfast buffet have been forwarded to our Chef to see what improvements can potentially be implemented.

Once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and we would welcome another opportunity to show you true hospitality.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I was located at the sixth floor of the hotel. They have renovated the place, clean rooms, parking space and nice breakfast. My challenge was when we eat breakfast the staff will concentrate on over seas guest then local ones. This has to change as we are all paying customers at the end of the day

Room Tip: Rooms at the sixth floor are perfect for people who likes to watch the beauty of cape town
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business