Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cascades on the Promenade(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Riviera Suites(Cape Town Central)
Mojo Hotel(Cape Town)
View Hotel
Glen Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Spring Tide Inn(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Sweet Ocean View Guesthouse(Cape Town Central)
  • Bar/Lounge
Atico Of Penthouses(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Premier Hotel Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
All reviewsspur restaurantfamily roomsmall balconyhotel is greatwalking distanceunderground parkingstreet noisevery nice staymain roadbuffet breakfastrestaurants and shopseasy accesscamps baysignal hillenjoyed my staysouth africatable mountain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 December 2017

very nice hotel. the staff at breakfast were particularly friendly.... they deserve a big thank you for making me feel welcome :) hotel itself was nice and modern and the restaurant which joined onto the hotel did very nice food.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2017

I just stayed there for 5 nights. I had 2 rooms, one for myself and the other for my elderly parents. As a lifetime Platinum Elite with Marriott I have stayed over 1000 nights with Marriott but this was my first time with the Protea brand. Throughout our stay we found the staff and service impeccable. Nothing was too much trouble. Gideon who I believe is the Manager of the front desk went out of his way to assist us. He
even used his personal cell phone to try and call a family member of mine as I was having difficulty due to the international/area dialing codes etc. The hotel is about 5 minutes walk to the beach and there are numerous restaurants also in walking distance. My parents enjoyed it so much they have booked to stay there again for a week in January. We are visiting from overseas and I want to thank all the staff for an excellent stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

The staff are rude and cocky. The rooms are tiny and the staff are lazy. Breakfast is not that great. Very pricy for the buffet as it it not worth it. Would never stay here again. Worst hotel I been at.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sydney G
Katherine_L3, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear Sydney G

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.
I am disappointed to hear you did not have a good time with us and I sincerely apologise as this is not our usual high level of service that we are proud to offer.
Your feedback regarding our TEAM has been noted and has been seen in a very serious light. This will be very closely monitored so as to ensure that what you experienced was an isolated incident.
Your concerns raised regarding our breakfast buffet have been forwarded to our Chef to see what improvements can potentially be implemented.

Once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and we would welcome another opportunity to show you true hospitality.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 7 December 2017

I was located at the sixth floor of the hotel. They have renovated the place, clean rooms, parking space and nice breakfast. My challenge was when we eat breakfast the staff will concentrate on over seas guest then local ones. This has to change as we are all paying customers at the end of the day

Room Tip: Rooms at the sixth floor are perfect for people who likes to watch the beauty of cape town
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2017

I and my wife were in this hotel between November 17 thru 25, 2015. The hotel is supposed to be a Marriott but it lacks all amenities expected of a three star Marriott Hotel in USA. First we were given a small room that is equivalent to Motel 6 in USA. When my wife protested the next day, one of the employees upgraded to a one bedroom suite. This was really great room with a beautiful view. I have to thank this employee for this act. However, the hotel has serious problems with access. You have to climb stairs for two stories from the road before you reach the reception area. Of course you if you know already and the elevator is working, you can go thru the garage and avoid the climb. The major drawback was lack of WIFI and power outages for the elevator. The in house generator will not serve the elevator. If you are on 10th floor, you are in trouble. If you are visiting from US and cannot use phone to avoid heft roaming charges, you are in big trouble, because WIFI system does not work all the time. In addition, the hotel states it is walking distance from waterfront. It is not, and waterfront tourist area is 15 minutes walk. At night it is risky to make this walk.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Katherine_L3, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear abdul63

We are sorry to hear of your disappointing stay whilst visiting Cape Town but please note this is not for Protea Hotel Sea Point.

Our elevator in the hotel is serviced by our generator and to date we have not been experiencing any power outages at the hotel so you will be able to reach the 6th floor, our top floor, by elevator. Our hotel is situated within 5km of the V&A Waterfront but we do not advertise that it's within walking distance.
We do have wifi within the hotel and have not had any complaints regarding intermittent signal.

It is of our opinion, by your description of the entrance area and number of floors that you may be referring to Protea Hotel Cape Castle?

Kind regards