Lowest prices for your stay
R 7 185
Reviews (2 075)
2 075 results
1 238
1 238
All reviews loft room oysters table mountain perfect location a mountain view room sister hotel waterfront hotel your doorstep third floor breakfast buffet hop on hop off bus water front rooms are spacious wonderful hotel visiting cape town our honeymoon luci
Selected filters
16 - 21 of 2 075 reviews
Reviewed 10 November 2023

We spent a lovely 5 days in Cape Town, based in the V&A hotel. We had a loft room, which was reasonably small, but nice, fresh and clean. The views over Table Mountain are stunning. Staff are friendly and helpful. Although we had various members of the housekeeping staff knocking on the door between 1930-2030 to bring water, one time letting herself in as we didn't answer, my wife was in bed and I was watching something and wearing headphones! Next thing, all lights are on! I'm sure the water could be put in the room when the room was serviced during the day.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Chris Raath, Other at Victoria & Alfred Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2023

Good day,
Thank you for your valued feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Apologies for the disruption in your room. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2023

Safe location. Not impressed with the towels in the bathroom as they were old and had strings hanging on them.
Front desk was pleasant when checking in but very unhelpful with local info. I was told it was too far to walk to a restaurant and to call uber. Then the porter said I could easily walk there and showed me the way - literally a 5 min walk in a very safe area.
Same person told me wrong info about the pick up location to enter for Uber causing all sorts of issues on the pick up and drop off locations on a different day.

Bartender and wait staff were amazing and incredibly friendly.

Overall, not impressed for the price. I wouldn't book there again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Chris Raath, Other at Victoria & Alfred Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2023

Good day.
Thank you for your valued feedback.

We are sorry to see you did not entirely enjoy your stay with us. Apologies for the miscommunication. We hope to make this up to you upon your next visit.

Reviewed 30 October 2023

I recently had a three-night stay at this hotel, and I feel compelled to share my experience, which was truly shocking, disappointing and unimaginable coming from a 'luxurious accommodation'.

My stay started with a room boasting a "Table Mountain facing view" in Room 203. However, on the last night of our stay, a large panel from the ceiling suddenly came crashing down while I was in the bathroom. It was pure luck that I wasn't hit by the massive wooden plank, not sure what would have happened if I stood an inch the other way.

Disturbingly, when we reported the incident to the receptionist, it took an unacceptable 30 minutes and a second phone call to get any attention from the staff. The initial explanation provided was that "the wind was too strong," and we were left with the impression that this wasn't the first time such an incident had occurred as if it were a routine outcome of windy weather. Absolutely ridiculous.
Fearing for our safety, we requested a room change, which was met with resistance. We were eventually assigned to a standard entry-level room. At this point, this downgrading of our accommodation was done without any prior consultation OR compensation.

To make matters worse, when we sought to address these serious concerns with a manager, our experience took an unbelievable turn. Senior Manager Jason Zeelie was extremely unapologetic and just downright rude. His dismissive response included comments like, to quote "you are blaming us for something that is not within our control - the wind," and "if you are thinking of waiving the charges for your room, that is not going to happen." These responses were entirely inappropriate as we had not mentioned anything relating to refunds at that point.

His attitude was marked by sarcasm, a lack of urgency, and took a ‘no one was injured, so what is your problem?’ approach. When we became increasingly angry due to his disgusting behaviour and attitude, he proceeded to play victim and gaslighted us into thinking we were attacking them for something minor. He insinuated that our concern was unwarranted, and I quote his words "no, your life is not endangered." The audacity to actually say this after the ceiling of their room came crashing down.

In the end, after much insistence, he begrudgingly waived a portion of our room charges, which didn't even cover the difference in the room downgrade. He shifted the blame onto us for requesting the room change, which we did due to the safety concerns, and reminded us that he was doing us a huge favor.

His response was nothing short of appalling and hypocritical. Apparently, a sincere apology was too hard for him to give. If we were being treated this way as paying guests of the hotel, I can’t help but think how the staffs under him are being treated. A total bully who knows that he can get away with just about anything because he’s in the management team.

Think twice if you want to book V&A hotel. Unless you don't mind risking your life! Believe me, they won't care since you are just another guest.

2  Thank travelfriend9
Chris Raath, Other at Victoria & Alfred Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2023

Good day Ms. Oh,

Thank you for your feedback which has been noted. Apologies for the wooden panel that fell out from the bathroom roof. I am glad you were not injured.

I have been working with Jason since 2016 and can assure you his demeanor has always been professional and kind in nature. I don't believe he would have handled the situation as you've described.

Unfortunately, Cape Town is notorious for substantial gale force winds which do affect our beautiful hotel from time to time.

Once again apologies for the inconvenience. Take care

Reviewed 26 October 2023 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. Lovely location. Our room had a view of Table Mountain. Good breakfast with good choice. Also had lunch but service was a bit slow. The staff in reception and restaurant were very helpful and cheerful. Would recommend a stay in this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2023

My sister and I spent a week at th is hotel recently. First time at this hotel. A lovely experience. The extremely friendly and very helpful staff went out of their way to.make our stay comfortable . the hotel is in a fantastic position for all things to do and see.
The twin room was very spacious , clean and the beds were extremely comfortable.
Breakfast at the hotel was excellent with a lot of choice and we were
able to sit outside for breakfast and it was quite magical with the sun shining and Table Mountain right in front of us across the water
All in all this hotel was excellent and we will definitely be back for another stay there next year.

Room tip: Plaza view room was good. Buskers sometimes in Plaza during day but very quiet at night.
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Good day,

Thank you kindly for your review and valued feedback. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back very soon!