Reviews (1 717)
1 717 results
All reviewsloft roomoysterstable mountaingreat locationpiazza facingseals playinga mountain view roomferris wheelsister hoteltravel deskwaterfront arearobben island ferryseparate toiletthird floordock houseservice at breakfastbreakfast was included
92 - 97 of 1 717 reviews
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Stayed for 4 nights at V&A in late January. Excellent service, helpful and knowledgeable staff, breakfast is an experience in itself with the Table Mountain in the backdrop. Esther at the Sanctuary Spa offered the best professional massage therapy I have had for a long time. Ask for her when you book!
Adam

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Andy_Nold, General Manager at Victoria & Alfred Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your stay with us and for your positive feedback about our Sanctuary Spa. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We have stayed about 12 times at the Victoria & Alfred since 1996. We always make a point if we can of staying at the V & A for our first two nights on a visit to Cape Town. This year we did struggle to make a booking and had to use an outside agency. However we managed to get on of the smaller Piazza view rooms at the extreme end of the first floor Room 134. The delight of the room during the day was the enthusiasm street entertainers playing below our room . Great to watch and hear from our modest balcony window ( evenings and nights were nice and quiet)
This trip was a birthday and wedding anniversary trip V &A did not let us down. We were picked up at the Airport late evening and brought to the hotel in a nice limousine. Next morning at breakfast we had a premier view of Table Mountain at a table decorated with rose petals and a mini birthday cake for the birthday boy . Thank you V & A we will be back.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuanne

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your 12th+ stay with us and for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to your V&A "family" in the not too distant future

Reviewed 28 January 2018

This lovely looking hotel is right on the waterfront, painted in grey with white trim. If you stay here you can walk to bars, restaurants, shopping and all sorts of entertainment. The hotel front desk was super as were the staff at breakfast . The breakfast was included and it was varied and delicious. Our room was very clean and there was a night table on each side of the bed. I highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to review your stay with us and for your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed 25 January 2018

My husband and I were booked into the Victoria and Alfred Hotel for one night prior to boarding our cruise ship. As we had a long flight I did not feel like dinner so my husband went to dinner alone. I woke at 11.45 p.m. to find he had not returned from dinner and all the restaurants closed. The Night Manager and Night Chef were so helpful and supportive to me as I was so distressed about my missing husband. The Hotel is in the safe tourist area of the V & A Waterfront and therefore they have CCTV cameras and 24 hour security service. By using the cameras and the security service my husband was safely located at 1.45 a.m. Unfortunately he had suffered a stroke but without the intervention of the hotel staff and the security staff the outcome could have been far worse.
We now know that my husband suffered his stroke at the hotel restaurant and two dining room staff asked was he all right and asked if they could call a Doctor. Unfortunately my husband did not realise he had a problem. After my husband as discharged from hospital, we went back to the hotel to thank the staff for their help on that night - certainly the Night Manager and the Night Chef went well beyond what could have been expected of them. We cannot speak more highly of the staff and care which they provided to 'one night guests'. Our room was lovely as we overlooked the harbour. The breakfast the following morning was also well presented and enjoyable. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel which is in an excellent location. The V & A Waterfront as far as I am concerned is the only place for a tourist to stay in Cape Town city area. It is best to avoid downtown!

Stayed: December 2017
4  Thank Evron M
Rey_Franco, General Manager at Victoria & Alfred Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

We are so glad to hear your husband is doing well. Thank you so much for letting us know and sharing your kind words.
Rey

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

We loved this hotel and had a very pleasant stay. Very safe hotel with nice and clean rooms. The breakfast was very good and you could sit outside with a great view of Table mountain and the harbor with seals. The staff was wonderful and very helpful, they gave us early check-in after our journey and also a late check-out which in my experience is quite unusual in larger hotels. The staff was quick to solve problems. The restaurant at the hotel is the best that we tried in Waterfront with surroundings. Great food, definitely high value for money.
Best place you can choose to stay at in Cape Town!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Magdalena W

We are very proud of our team reading such a wonderful review. Thank you very much for sharing.
Rey