Reviews (1 749)
1 749 results
1 014
1 014
All reviews loft room oysters table mountain great location piazza facing seals playing a mountain view room ferris wheel travel desk sister hotel waterfront area robben island ferry separate toilet third floor dock house service at breakfast breakfast was included
125 - 130 of 1 749 reviews
Reviewed 25 January 2018

My husband and I were booked into the Victoria and Alfred Hotel for one night prior to boarding our cruise ship. As we had a long flight I did not feel like dinner so my husband went to dinner alone. I woke at 11.45 p.m. to find he had not returned from dinner and all the restaurants closed. The Night Manager and Night Chef were so helpful and supportive to me as I was so distressed about my missing husband. The Hotel is in the safe tourist area of the V & A Waterfront and therefore they have CCTV cameras and 24 hour security service. By using the cameras and the security service my husband was safely located at 1.45 a.m. Unfortunately he had suffered a stroke but without the intervention of the hotel staff and the security staff the outcome could have been far worse.
We now know that my husband suffered his stroke at the hotel restaurant and two dining room staff asked was he all right and asked if they could call a Doctor. Unfortunately my husband did not realise he had a problem. After my husband as discharged from hospital, we went back to the hotel to thank the staff for their help on that night - certainly the Night Manager and the Night Chef went well beyond what could have been expected of them. We cannot speak more highly of the staff and care which they provided to 'one night guests'. Our room was lovely as we overlooked the harbour. The breakfast the following morning was also well presented and enjoyable. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel which is in an excellent location. The V & A Waterfront as far as I am concerned is the only place for a tourist to stay in Cape Town city area. It is best to avoid downtown!

Stayed: December 2017
4  Thank Evron M
Rey_Franco, General Manager at Victoria & Alfred Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

We are so glad to hear your husband is doing well. Thank you so much for letting us know and sharing your kind words.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

We loved this hotel and had a very pleasant stay. Very safe hotel with nice and clean rooms. The breakfast was very good and you could sit outside with a great view of Table mountain and the harbor with seals. The staff was wonderful and very helpful, they gave us early check-in after our journey and also a late check-out which in my experience is quite unusual in larger hotels. The staff was quick to solve problems. The restaurant at the hotel is the best that we tried in Waterfront with surroundings. Great food, definitely high value for money.
Best place you can choose to stay at in Cape Town!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank magdalenaw371

We are very proud of our team reading such a wonderful review. Thank you very much for sharing.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I had a room in the third floor. The first day I met a cockroach in the bathroom. It was removed by a cleaning lady after I called at the reception. After the towel holder fell off the wall I moved to another room. That one was smaller but had a view on table mountain. When I wanted to use the blinds they fell off and I couldn't use it anymore.
After I switched the rooms I was called by the customer service and got an apology. They told me that they would give me a little present as compensation. There was nothing in my room the next day so I asked again at the reception. Then there was a small cheese platter with fruits in my room the next day. Unfortunately, I had already eaten something and didn't touch it. It stayed three days in my room and was not removed even until the strawberries began to rot. Every day, there came at least three times somebody in my room and sometimes I opened the door and water and a chocolate was handed me over when my room was already cleaned.
The breakfast is good and diverse but the service is not good.
I would not go there a second time and can still not believe that I spent so much money on this hotel. I feel betrayed.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank StelliesCapeTown

Thanks for your review. We pride ourselves in extending the best experiences to all our guests and are very sorry to read you did not enjoy such an experience. We noticed that you you chose not to have your room serviced which prevented our team from entering the room.
I have sent you a separate mail in order for me to contact you via telephone to discuss and assist.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Stayed here for a week it was over New Year. The hotel is located in a superb area on the water front. It has many restaurants in this area . Very near to everything. Super new shopping mall. The wheel is just behind the hotel. Plenty of things to do.

Stayed: December 2017
Rey_Franco, General Manager at Victoria & Alfred Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

We certainly do have one of the finest locations and are very happy hear how much you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended hotel to stay while visiting Capetown. Great location both beautiful view of table top mountain. You can walk to all the nearby shopping complexes and restaurant.
Rooms were good and pleasant with good amenities. Breakfast with good offerings such as champagne and oysters for breakfast.
Only complaint I had was one of the staff who was servicing the breakfast area had an attitute problemb and she showed it. Other then that I had enjoyed my stay a nd would recommend this to anyone going to Cape Town.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing. We aim to surprise and delight all our guests and take immense pride in achieving our guest experience goals.
Warm regards