Reviews (1 730)
1 730 results
1 000
1 000
All reviews loft room oysters table mountain great location piazza facing seals playing a mountain view room ferris wheel sister hotel travel desk waterfront area robben island ferry separate toilet third floor dock house service at breakfast breakfast was included
110 - 115 of 1 730 reviews
Reviewed 24 January 2018

I had a room in the third floor. The first day I met a cockroach in the bathroom. It was removed by a cleaning lady after I called at the reception. After the towel holder fell off the wall I moved to another room. That one was smaller but had a view on table mountain. When I wanted to use the blinds they fell off and I couldn't use it anymore.
After I switched the rooms I was called by the customer service and got an apology. They told me that they would give me a little present as compensation. There was nothing in my room the next day so I asked again at the reception. Then there was a small cheese platter with fruits in my room the next day. Unfortunately, I had already eaten something and didn't touch it. It stayed three days in my room and was not removed even until the strawberries began to rot. Every day, there came at least three times somebody in my room and sometimes I opened the door and water and a chocolate was handed me over when my room was already cleaned.
The breakfast is good and diverse but the service is not good.
I would not go there a second time and can still not believe that I spent so much money on this hotel. I feel betrayed.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank StelliesCapeTown
Rey_Franco, General Manager at Victoria & Alfred Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Thanks for your review. We pride ourselves in extending the best experiences to all our guests and are very sorry to read you did not enjoy such an experience. We noticed that you you chose not to have your room serviced which prevented our team from entering the room.
I have sent you a separate mail in order for me to contact you via telephone to discuss and assist.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Stayed here for a week it was over New Year. The hotel is located in a superb area on the water front. It has many restaurants in this area . Very near to everything. Super new shopping mall. The wheel is just behind the hotel. Plenty of things to do.

Stayed: December 2017
Rey_Franco, General Manager at Victoria & Alfred Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

We certainly do have one of the finest locations and are very happy hear how much you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended hotel to stay while visiting Capetown. Great location both beautiful view of table top mountain. You can walk to all the nearby shopping complexes and restaurant.
Rooms were good and pleasant with good amenities. Breakfast with good offerings such as champagne and oysters for breakfast.
Only complaint I had was one of the staff who was servicing the breakfast area had an attitute problemb and she showed it. Other then that I had enjoyed my stay a nd would recommend this to anyone going to Cape Town.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing. We aim to surprise and delight all our guests and take immense pride in achieving our guest experience goals.
Warm regards

Reviewed 13 January 2018

Serene and healing environment after a hectic day, Opah works wonders. She will ask you what you need and actually listens to your body. Intending to be a regular.

Also enjoyed the hotel experience great service , great food ,great stuff by great people.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Rey_Franco, General Manager at Victoria & Alfred Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

Thanks for sharing your great experience at our Hotel and Spa. Its lovely to hear you relaxed and enjoyed yourself.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Our room on the 2nd floor had a nice view of the waterfront. The room decor seemed a little dated and showed some signs of aging but overall a comfortable room with a spacious bathroom/separate toilet cubicle. The location of this hotel cannot be beat. Step right onto the action of the waterfront! Great breakfast spread each morning with champagne and oysters too! The breakfast restaurant was modern while the rooms seemed more classical in decor so perhaps there is some refurbishment going on in stages.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Thanks for staying with us. We are certainly doing some great staged upgrades as you may have seen in our lobby and Ginja restaurant. Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed the spacious rooms, location and our world famous breakfast.