All reviewscompany gardensdistrict museumlong streettable mountaincentral locationgreen marketwithin walking distancejunior suitedirect accesssingle roomcomfortable bedparking garagedecent hotelgreenmarket squarethe hotel is cleanper daytaxi ride
Reviewed 27 January 2018

We stayed 4 nights at the Townhouse Hotel. It was located near the flower and street markets as well as Common gardens and museums. Rooms were large with a large bathroom. There is a severe water shortage going on it Cape Town so this hotel is taking many steps to conserve water. There was a 5 gallon bucket in the shower to collect excess water from showering, that water was used to water outside plants and trees. Staff was very friendly and the rooms were very clean. Breakfast service was good for the buffet, but service was poor for our goodbye dinner on our last night. WiFi was very good and large desk area was very nice. Good place to stay

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I stayed for a three day business trip booked by my hosts for its nearby location. It is very comfortable, a proper desk to work at, nice view over the back of Table Mountain when it is not under cloud. But the restaurant menu was a bit pricey and limited, and its location is not great for alternative dining. With the city's anti-crime programme it is perfectly safe to walk 4 or 5 blocks toward the main commercial area but plan where to go in daylight hours so that you are sure of where to go and do it with purpose. I was very pleased to see that they were very pro-active with the drastic water shortage -- positively encouraging guests to save water and only changing towels and linen every 2nd day.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Zaida R, other at Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear Mr Brisbane,

Thank you for your time offered assisting with feedback on your last stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your constructive feedback on our Menu pricing - this information was shared with our Executive Chef for review.

We trust this has not been your last visit to the Mother city and that Townhouse would be your hotel of choice on your next trip. We certainly look forward to having you back with us in the not too distant future.f

Wishing you a delightful day further.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Townhouse is a friendly, very clean and modern place to stay in a central Cape Town area. Rooms are of proper size, modern and very clean.
Very good breakfast in a nice and big room. Staff are extremely helpful and friendly.
If you come by car, parkade is directly located next to the hotel and be accessed directly from the hotel; please advise if you require a parking lot and you receive proper information how to use the parkade and how to open the gate with your smartphone - quite comfortable!

All in all a very good and valuable place to stay and even to relax. Will definitely come back next time.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Zaida R, PA to General Manager at Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2018

Good day,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback given.

We are happy to hear that your overall experience at the Townhouse Hotel was a positive one.

The staff are passionate about service delivery and will be excited to hear that they left a memorable impression on you and that they were able to assist you with your requests.

Thank you for the feedback on our parking app it is great to know that you were able to use it with ease.

We trust that when next in Cape town, Townhouse would be your hotel of choice as it would be wonderful to have you back.

Wishing you a splendid day further,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Arrived at Townhouse Hotel very late approximately 11pm on Wednesday 29/11/17 after flying in from Ghana via Johannesburg and a very pleasant transfer guy patiently waiting for me at Cape Town International Airport for a couple of hrs due to my delayed flight from Johannesburg. The transfer took around 20 mins one way & on entering Townhouse Hotel I'm immediately made welcome by a gentleman on the front desk, confirming my 15 night stay & after showing my passport etc I'm given my key to room 1106 on the 11th floor & informed I'm given a free upgrade to a slightly larger room.
On entering my room I'm pleased with the layout and enough space for myself. The hotel is a smoke free environment and smokers could only smoke outside the front of the hotel or a small smokers room located around the corner from the front reception desk. Tree's Cafe open close to the reception desk 24/7, all the staff were extremely helpful & friendly, had many conversations during my stay with the Manager of food & beverage & met some interesting guests either staying for leisure or on business. B/fast was included in my room rate booked through a well known website for the entire 15 nights. B/fast presentation was excellent with plenty of choice and waitresses and waiters were polite without feeling like you're being rushed. A very friendly mature aged lady on the tour desk & very knowledgeable on local or surrounding tours. The hotel was situated in a very convenient location only 10 min walk to the shops & 15 mins to one of the main busy areas like Long St. I would like to take this opportunity in thanking the staff members who found my small travel bag in the Tree's Cafe area left next to one of the chairs & kindly returned the bag to me with all personal items intact. I tended to eat most of my evening meals inside Tree's Cafe and didn't eat on the next level inside the restaurant, a more expensive option & very quiet each time I took a look. I throughly enjoyed my relaxed stay at the Townhouse Hotel & lots of humour used between some of the staff during conversations. Reception staff will arrange mailing your postcards provided you have stamped each card.
Checked out approximately midday on Thursday 14/12/17 & paid my invoice for all the meals drinks & including return airport transfer fees totalling ZAR 1479.00
I would highly recommend Townhouse Hotel to friends back in Australia & hope to return myself one day in the future. Thank you to all the staff for making me feel very welcome during my 15 night stay. Kindly note due to the high water restrictions in Cape Town the hotel ask guests to avoid wasting water and short showers. I only had my room cleaned a couple of times to help with the water restrictions and bedding / towels not to be washed every 2nd day helping the environment.

Room Tip: If possible view room being showing passport & C/cards
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Zaida R, PA to General Manager at Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your lovely and valuable feedback.

It is wonderful to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations with regards to our location and room.

The staff are passionate about guest service so it is great to know they made you feel welcome and that they left a memorable impression on you.

Day Zero for Cape Town is just around the corner so thank you for the support in saving the water and our environment, as every drop counts!!!

We certainly welcome a return visit as it would be fantastic to have you back at the Townhouse Hotel.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2018

The hotel itself was nice. Rooms slightly on the small side. Buffet breakfast was nice with good options. Major downside was location. Bit far out for us and didn't feel like the safest part of town. We were told not to walk around the area in the evening time.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenny f
Zaida R, PA to General Manager at Townhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Dear Jenny,

Thank you for taking the time to rate the Townhouse Hotel.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast selection in the trees restaurant.

We are sorry to hear that the location did not met your standards.
For the guests safety we recommend guests not walking around in the evening as it is very quiet and not many shops or businesses are open.

The Townhouse hotel is 10 minutes by taxi from Kloof street and Long street where there are many wonderful restaurants to choose from.

We sincerely hope that the quality of your last stay has not deterred you from visiting us again in the future as a return visit would be lovely.

Best Regards,