The Commodore
  • Restaurant
US$235
US$216
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Pool
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$148
US$64
  • Restaurant
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$120
  • Pool
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$209
US$204
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$132
  • Pool
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$790
US$751
  • Breakfast included
Reviews (1 436)
1 436 results
All reviewsgreat locationnautical themetable mountaintravel deskguest relationsshort walkwaterfront areasmall balconybit datedvictoria and alfred waterfrontcomfortable hotelstayed here for nightsrobben islandbreakfast buffet isan excellent hotelwater frontrestaurants and shops
56 - 61 of 1 436 reviews
Reviewed 28 January 2018

We asked our travel agent to find us somewhere within walking distance from the V&A waterfront and this location was ideal. The room was a good size, clean and well furnished, the only down sides were that it overlooked a building site and was above the service entrance. Early of a morning the staff could be heard taking a break below our room. On our arrival after a long flight we sampled the hotel restaurant, which was fine. The pool was only open for a few hours of an afternoon due to the severe water shortage being experienced by South Africa at the moment, but that did not detract from our stay. The bar served excellent margaritas!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the building site to the rear!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
JvanderMerwe, Guest Relations Manager at The Commodore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback and kind words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back sooner rather than later.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Reception staff not friendly, the room was great, nice bathroom with white decor, room balcony full of crouch, great location with short waking to V&A waterfront. Breakfast was great, varieties. A bit over price.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
JvanderMerwe, Manager at The Commodore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Valued Guest

We have noted your comments which has been raised with the Head of Department/s in order to ensure that corrective and remedial action is implemented.

Please be assured that this is not the Standard of Service we pride ourselves in, and it is hoped that this experience does not tarnish your impression of the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back sooner rather than later.

Regards

Reviewed 26 January 2018

I stayed at the Commodore recently for three days, I enjoyed the location and the breakfast buffet was outstanding. On my first night I had an old air conditioner unit at the foot of the bed and the noise level ensured that I had no sleep. The next morning I requested a different room and was moved to a room where there was an updated air conditioner unit. Given the price of the room there is an expectation that the amenities are at an acceptable level, ensure if your air conditioner is 'loud' request to be moved so you will get a better night sleep.

Room Tip: review the air conditioner unit
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Commodore can be a reasonably good business hotel but I will not recommend it for family holiday. Though I must say that the location is good. Very close to Cape town water front. Hotel restaurant is average with not so variety. But it is not a major problem as you get number of restaurants at the water front mall. My major dissatis faction was the unfriendly staff. I fell sick at mid night and had to rush to the hospital. I requested the the hotel to arrange a transport and charge it to my hotel bill as I had no cash at that point in time. But the staff insisted that I visit the ATM to withdraw cash and pay the taxi. They insisted despite seeing me that I was under severe pain. This was the worst experience I had during my many years of travelling and hotel stay. May be the particular staff was not trained properly. I don't want to blame the staff. But request hotel management to arrage proper customer service training for the staff.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
JvanderMerwe, Guest Relations Manager at The Commodore, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Valued Guest

We hope to welcome you back sooner rather than later.

Regards

Reviewed 20 January 2018

We had actually booked the Portswood hotel but were moved to Commodores due to overbooking, which was informed just the day before we were arriving. Anyway, due to the situation we were compensated with a beautiful room and the staff is so service minded, so we had a great time. Breakfast has a good selection and the coffee ladies are so sweet and friendly. The location is obviously very good just a few steps from Waterfront center and all restaurants. Absolutely recommendable.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple