I have just arrived back from Cape Town and the Commodore hotel is a great base for staying near the waterfront. Just walking distance from the shops and bars.
The hotel is slightly dated but functional and well run. The food was very good we ate there on three occasions, the seafood platter is excellent. The Portswood hotel next door is also good it has a Malay theme and the fish curry is spot on.
The staff at the Commodore are very good and friendly especially the girls at the bar area. The pool is small and I would guess if the hotel full it would be a scramble for beds. The Gym is good too.
There is a spa for treatments but neither me or my wife used it but it looked fine.
The exchange rate is superb at the moment so everything is ridiculously cheap. We had no problem with taxis and booking trips the staff are very knowledgeable and will book anything for you. The winery trip is a must we went to Stellenbosch for a half day booked directly with the hotel also cape point with a private guide again through the hotel both very good.
I would not hesitate to go back and probably will.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town