Reviews (2 036)
2 036 results
1 148
1 148
All reviews a business class room sea view infinity pool hourly shuttle table mountain standard room robben island amazing location concierge desk business trip shuttle service mini bar breakfast buffet is water front our honeymoon south africa waterfront
175 - 180 of 2 036 reviews
Reviewed 6 February 2018

We spent 6 nights at the Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel. We chose a business class room which was very spacious with its own lounge and overlooked the sea towards Blouberg. The hotel is located within walking distance to the V&A Waterfront and at the start of the Promenade - simply can't be beaten for location. The best of Cape Town is close at hand. The bathroom was also spacious and well appointed. Given the water restrictions applicable at the time of my visit, the hotel has done a lot to reduce water usage. The shower and basin heads have been replaced with water efficient filters. Whilst this detracted a bit from the normal good strength of water flow, we were very happy that they were also doing their part. Consequently, we had very short showers and were very water conscious. The breakfasts are an extensive buffet (or al la carte) and really good quality. A great place to relax before starting the day. We visited the spa and had a very good treatment and were well looked after. This is my favourite hotel in Cape Town and we will be back on our next visit!

Room tip: Business Class rooms have the best views over the ocean
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Les P
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear Les P,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your valuable feedback and submitting a review.

I will be sure to share your wonderful compliments with the rest of the team and delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and thoroughly enjoyed your vacation.

On behalf of myself and the team at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront we look forward to welcoming you back when you next travel to Cape Town, South Africa.

Wishing you all the very best.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

We had a little get together for a group of colleagues. Everything was arranged through Nico who was absolutely amazing and extremely accommodating, even though it was on short notice.

The warm welcome we received from the staff was great. The canapes we ordered was mouth-watering and enjoyed by all.

This lovely venue a first for many of us but a place which myself and colleagues will definitely frequent... as it's serene with breathtaking views for a nice sundowner.

Thank you Nico and the staff which were on duty especially our waiter Divine and manager Jason... the afternoon/evening was thoroughly enjoyed by each and every one!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Hayley R,

I will be sure to share your wonderful compliments with the rest of the team and delighted to hear that you had a memorable dining experience with us and thoroughly enjoyed your get together at our Hotel.

On behalf of myself and the team at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Great Hotel with Restaurant overlooking the sea with Dolphin sighting a possibility. we saw them 3 times. Great food and great service. The new Stadium is near by and there is a courteously bus runs hourly to the Waterside complex.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank StephenM4293
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

Dear Stephen M

I will be sure to share your wonderful compliments with the rest of the team and delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and thoroughly enjoyed your vacation in Cape Town.

On behalf of myself and the team at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront we look forward to welcoming you back when you next travel to South Africa.

Wishing you all the very best.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

This wasn’t actually our first visit to the city, but I would strongly recommend it to anyone seeking a relaxed environment overlooking the ocean and with a view of Table Mountain from the terrace.
The Business Class rooms are perfect - spacious and virtually a suite. Ours was on the 2nd floor overlooking the marina, quieter than the ones overlooking the open sea which have the beautiful infinity swimming pool directly below them.
The staff were great ( particularly Stacey, who gave us lots of advice on places to go - and how to get there!). That is perhaps one of the only minor negatives - the lack of public transport.While the hourly shuttle bus to the V&A Waterfront is very efficient ( except if you have a large family of French guests who muscle their way in front of the other guests waiting patiently, and take up almost all the seats on the minibus!), you then have to take other buses to get anywhere else, unless you allow the hotel to book you a cab at an extortionate price for a short distance.
The only other minor room for improvement - breakfast just wasn’t up to the standard that we ( who travel regularly internationally) expect in terms of fresh fruit, cheeses, home made bread etc.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Victoria P,

I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and thoroughly enjoyed your vacation.

Thank you for raising the point regarding your thoughts on the Breakfast Buffet offerings. I will be sure to discuss it further with the Executive Chef and Management. We appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront when you are next in Cape Town.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 January 2018

We stayed at this hotel in a business class seafront facing top floor room. The room itself was lovely - spacious, clean and the view was wonderful. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious.
What sets this hotel apart is it's staff - everyone we encountered was absolutely lovely and so helpful.
Our flight home wasn't until 9:30pm and on asking, the reception very kindly allowed us a late checkout - it had to be in a different room than the one we were in as this was going to be used later that day but it was great to have a room to store our belongings in so we could go down to the Waterfront for lunch, then back to the hotel pool to relax for a bit before being able to have a shower just before heading to the airport...a great way to finish our holiday.
On top of this - the morning we were due to leave I realised that I had left my coat on the plane on the way out. I checked the BA website where it said that left lugagge would be given to 'lost and found' at the arrival airport. I asked the concergie what time we would need to leave to get to the airport so we could check in 'lost and found' for my coat. He said to leave it with him - I gave him details of my flight out, seat number, a description of the coat etc. and within a couple of hours we got a telephone call to say the coat had been located and to save us having to go to the airport earlier than necessary (lost and found closes at 7pm) - he had arranged for it to be left at the BA desk with a named individual so I could collect it when we were checking in for our flight home. To me this was above and beyond what I would have expected and I would like to very much thank the concierge for all his help - it was greatly appreciated.
Lastly, when we were checking out a lovely lady came to reception from the office behind to thank us for our stay and gift us with a little wooden fridge magnet in the shape of the Table Mountain outline. This again was very unexpected but a lovely token from the hotel and left me with even more positive thoughts about staying there.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here - the hotel, staff and proximity to V&A (as well as the courtesy bus that runs every hour) were first rate.
Thank you all so much for making our stay so enjoyable - we hope to be back to Cape Town in the future and wouldn't hesitate to stay with you again or recommend you to others.

Room tip: If booking a business room we had one on the 4th floor overlooking the marina which was great
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 528mauritab

Dear Maurita B

Thank you for taking the time to send us your valuable feedback and complete a review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and will be sure to share your wonderful compliments with the rest of the team as well as commend our Concierge and Front Office team.

On behalf of myself and the team at Radisson Blu Hotel, Waterfront I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Cape Town, South Africa.