“Perfect location for first visit to Cape Town”

Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town
Ranked #31 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This wasn’t actually our first visit to the city, but I would strongly recommend it to anyone seeking a relaxed environment overlooking the ocean and with a view of Table Mountain from the terrace.
The Business Class rooms are perfect - spacious and virtually a suite. Ours was on the 2nd floor overlooking the marina, quieter than the ones overlooking the open sea which have the beautiful infinity swimming pool directly below them.
The staff were great ( particularly Stacey, who gave us lots of advice on places to go - and how to get there!). That is perhaps one of the only minor negatives - the lack of public transport.While the hourly shuttle bus to the V&A Waterfront is very efficient ( except if you have a large family of French guests who muscle their way in front of the other guests waiting patiently, and take up almost all the seats on the minibus!), you then have to take other buses to get anywhere else, unless you allow the hotel to book you a cab at an extortionate price for a short distance.
The only other minor room for improvement - breakfast just wasn’t up to the standard that we ( who travel regularly internationally) expect in terms of fresh fruit, cheeses, home made bread etc.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Victoria P,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your valuable feedback and submitting a review.

I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and thoroughly enjoyed your vacation.

Thank you for raising the point regarding your thoughts on the Breakfast Buffet offerings. I will be sure to discuss it further with the Executive Chef and Management. We appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront when you are next in Cape Town.

Debra Sivertsen

Write a ReviewReviews (1 853)

22 - 26 of 1 853 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel in a business class seafront facing top floor room. The room itself was lovely - spacious, clean and the view was wonderful. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious.
What sets this hotel apart is it's staff - everyone we encountered was absolutely lovely and so helpful.
Our flight home wasn't until 9:30pm and on asking, the reception very kindly allowed us a late checkout - it had to be in a different room than the one we were in as this was going to be used later that day but it was great to have a room to store our belongings in so we could go down to the Waterfront for lunch, then back to the hotel pool to relax for a bit before being able to have a shower just before heading to the airport...a great way to finish our holiday.
On top of this - the morning we were due to leave I realised that I had left my coat on the plane on the way out. I checked the BA website where it said that left lugagge would be given to 'lost and found' at the arrival airport. I asked the concergie what time we would need to leave to get to the airport so we could check in 'lost and found' for my coat. He said to leave it with him - I gave him details of my flight out, seat number, a description of the coat etc. and within a couple of hours we got a telephone call to say the coat had been located and to save us having to go to the airport earlier than necessary (lost and found closes at 7pm) - he had arranged for it to be left at the BA desk with a named individual so I could collect it when we were checking in for our flight home. To me this was above and beyond what I would have expected and I would like to very much thank the concierge for all his help - it was greatly appreciated.
Lastly, when we were checking out a lovely lady came to reception from the office behind to thank us for our stay and gift us with a little wooden fridge magnet in the shape of the Table Mountain outline. This again was very unexpected but a lovely token from the hotel and left me with even more positive thoughts about staying there.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here - the hotel, staff and proximity to V&A (as well as the courtesy bus that runs every hour) were first rate.
Thank you all so much for making our stay so enjoyable - we hope to be back to Cape Town in the future and wouldn't hesitate to stay with you again or recommend you to others.

Room Tip: If booking a business room we had one on the 4th floor overlooking the marina which was great
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maurita B

Dear Maurita B

Thank you for taking the time to send us your valuable feedback and complete a review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and will be sure to share your wonderful compliments with the rest of the team as well as commend our Concierge and Front Office team.

On behalf of myself and the team at Radisson Blu Hotel, Waterfront I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Cape Town, South Africa.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Radiating Water Front looks and feel like an ordinary good American hotel. What is really great with this hotel is the magnificent ocean view. Day or night great view over the bay.
Quick walk from the hotel to Water From.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Rolf H,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and send us your valuable feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Waterfront.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Cape Town, South Africa.

General Manager.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is good for the money with a small gym and garden area. It is a short walk to the main waterfront (you don't need the shuttle) and the rooms are decent. The staff are the problem. We had real issues with payment being taken twice and staff were very unhelpful and dishonest. In addition, when we used the hotel's car service we paid at least 3 times the cost of a normal taxi so keep that in mind.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Missmairw
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Missmairw,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review posted, regarding your recent stay with us. Please let me start by apologising for the inconvenience that you experienced during your recent stay with us. This is by no means a reflection of the high standard of quality and service that the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront is usually proud to offer. Any comments we receive from our guests are invaluable to us, letting us know where we are getting our service and product right and in some cases, where we need to improve.

Please be assured that I have personally investigated the matters that you addressed in your review and have taken it up with my management team and handled the necessary internal shortfalls accordingly. With that being said I would like the opportunity to discuss the matter in further detail, and for this we shall contact you offline.

Once again I thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed in this hotel back in June and loved it. I love the hotel, the room, the view, the staff, the food, the location, everything about it...but not the weather, it was the beginning of Winter and I didn’t do my homework right...it was COLD and windy so check the weather before you arrive in Cape Town.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone, is in a safe and beautiful location, close to a shopping center, and accesible to other parts of the city.

Cape Town and this hotel were the highlights of a two week tour in South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe in June 2017.

Cape Town is a beautiful mid-size city with lors to do, I am sure is wonderful in the Spring and early Summer.

Room Tip: We had an ocean front room with beautiful views.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Dear almeidasjr,

I will be sure to share your wonderful compliments with the rest of the team and delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and thoroughly enjoyed your vacation in Cape Town.

On behalf of myself and the team at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront we look forward to welcoming you back when you next travel to Cape Town, South Africa.

Wishing you all the very best.

Kind regards