Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The PortsWood(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Dock House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
View Hotel
The Cape Royale(Cape Town Central)
  • Pool
La Splendida(Cape Town Central)
  • Restaurant
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
  • Breakfast included
Reviews (1 894)
1 894 results
1 052
1 052
All reviewsa business class roomsea facing roominfinity poolhourly shuttletable mountainstandard roomrobben islandamazing locationbusiness tripbreakfast buffetshuttle serviceconcierge deskour honeymoonthe hotel offerswater frontsouth africafour nights
FilterAll languages
76 - 81 of 1 894 reviews
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here 3 times in the last 6 months, it's a good base for a business trip with a convenient shuttle to the waterfront. Rooms are roomy and if you get a sea view or even a balcony the setting is perfect. Service on the terrace can be slow but the staff do remember you and it's always nice to take a seat and find your favourite wine being delivered without having to ask.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Jojom999,
I am delighted to hear that you have had memorable stays with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront when you are next in Cape Town.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

The Radisson Blu was a good pick. It was clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly.

Turndown service was a nice touch and the complimentary breakfast each morning was great. It was also nice to be able to sit outside by the water each morning during breakfast. Room service however was a poor decision and barely edible.

Location seemed good, but to be honest we Uber-ed everywhere, so difficult to say if you'd prefer walking if it's the best location.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Tracy,
I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and enjoyed your vacation in Cape Town.
Thank you for raising the room service issue to our attention, I will be sure to take it up with the management team.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

This has to be the worst managed Radisson Blu we have been to.

There appears to be no Managers visible and all the F&B staff need training. Bar staff keep change without it being offered. Having waited 20 mins to be served a drink and then it staining my trousers, I was less than amused. We also had lunch on the terrace, the service again was extremely poor, slow and the food was average.

The Spa was nice. I enjoyed my pedicure, however, my sister's facial was average. The pool relaxation area was very nice, however, I was stunned to witness on two occasions the towels being used again for new guests when guests left their loungers.

Such a pity as location is superb, although it's not safe to swim in the sea due to the algae and the pool is very small for such a large hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Sonia.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review posted, regarding your recent stay with us. Please let me start by apologising for the inconvenience that you experienced during your recent stay with us. This is by no means a reflection of the high standard of quality and service that the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront is usually proud to offer.

Any comments we receive from our guests are invaluable to us, letting us know where we are getting our service and product right and in some cases, where we need to improve. Please be assured that I shall personally investigate these matters and shall address the shortfalls with our management team.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel as I would like to handle your query offline in order to assist you further.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront when you are next in Cape Town and we will ensure that your next stay with us will be a memorable one.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Right from the moment I was greeted by Trevor (from about 18 months since my last visit) and Nicol the Guest Services manager this was a lovely 'part two' to our honeymoon.

Service is great, location is great, its relaxed charming and sincere. I loved it more when I wasnt there for work!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Steveojones,
Congratulations on your wedding and thank you for selecting us for your honeymoon. I would also like to Thank you for taking the time to send us your valuable feedback and submitting a review. I will be sure to share your wonderful compliments with Nicole and her team.
On behalf of myself and the team at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront we look forward to welcoming you back when you next travel to Cape Town.
Wishing you all the very best.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Hotel is in an excellent location with 180+ degree water front views and the outdoor restaurant patio is stunning. Never had breakfast in a better setting! My room had a Table Mountain view, mostly blocked by the stadium - what an ugly affair, but hardly the hotel's fault :)

Service was a bit odd - housekeepers knocked on the door multiple times very early in the morning (once before 8am, another time around 8:30). Typically rooms aren't serviced until 10:00am or later at most international hotels. If they have a different practice I feel this should be notified to guests so they aren't embarrassed and are sure to double lock their doors or put out the DND sign.

It would be nice if the restaurant had more Asian food options (both south Asian/east Asian). Although the menu claimed you could ask for substitutions or off-menu items, I asked for some fried rice - which is a very simple dish that any cook should be able to make easily. However the call taker refused to consider it and wouldn't even ask the chef when I suggested it - said I absolutely must choose from options on the menu. Either the menu needs to be revised to clarify this, or some retraining is necessary.

Service at the restaurant for breakfast was indifferent - kept forgetting coffee and egg orders, despite not being very busy as we breakfasted early before the rush.

One other item of note - on our first night there, a loud foghorn was sounding most of the early morning due to fog in Capetown harbour. This probably affects any waterfront location, but it impeded my sleep significantly. I'm not sure there's anything that can be done by the hotel to improve the situation, because of the low frequency and loudness. But something worth noting, if you are very sensitive to noise you might want to consider a location further from the main harbour in case of fog.

Overall though the hotel is comfortable, rooms are well appointed, and the amazing location and view gives it four stars.

Room Tip: non-sea view rooms still have a Table Mountain view, so you can't go too wrong
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Debra S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Jeremy,

I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and thoroughly enjoyed your vacation in Cape Town.
Thank you for raising these points to our attention, I will be sure to take it up with the management team. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

If there is anything else that I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me.