All reviews italian restaurant next door long street district six museum basic hotel nice stay enjoyed my stay comfortable room star service the hotel staff home away from home yogurt central location nice breakfast breakfast was included hop on hop off bus felt very safe waterfront
Reviewed 5 December 2016

A really excellent accommodation, nice and clean room, friendly reception, and a very good breakfast included in the price. Really great value for money. Property also came to greet us at our arrival and spent some time just talking with us. A shuttle to the airport was also provided.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Cape Town's Parliament Hotel

Summary: Very basic accommodations with a great staff. The rooms are spare and the hallway noise is noticeable.

In Depth: Arriving after dark down a darkened and shuttered city street the only window lit showing a single desk clerk standing behind the counter, I felt like I had fallen into Edward Hopper's painting “Nighthawks”, sometimes thought of as “The street of broken dreams, painting”. The man staffing the evening shift was welcoming and helpful as he checked me in to my seventh floor room.

I gave me my room key and offered to carry my bags up the one flight of stairs to the elevator. The elevator was clean and quick and deposited me into a un-carpeted hallway with my room at one end of the hallway.

The room was stark bare except for the furniture. It could have been used as a set for a 1950's hotel room. A bed, single wooden chair, vanity/desk and basic bathroom. The one consolation towards decor was a print above the bed. The bed was comfortable enough and the bathroom was spotless. I felt that the room was over priced, but soon came to realize that in Cape Town rooms were over priced and food was under priced.

I hated the room on that first night, but on staying came to appreciate the room and the staff for what it was. A centrally located hotel in the heart of a big city that was clean, safe and priced less than other hotels in the central core.

The staff was outstanding whether it was for directions to the sights, modes of transportation or just pass a little time.

Would I stay here again ? Probably not. It was just too basic for me. If I needed to stay downtown Cape Town again and had a limited budget, I'd have no problems getting a room here again though. I felt safe and catered to my entire stay.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank DorothyMacaw
Reviewed 28 November 2016

A price worthy hotel with a good location. The room was clean but very oldfashion however it was ok for a few nights. The breakfast was good and the staff were both friendly and helpful. To summon the experience I would really recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a cheap hotel with a good location and doesn't care about the oldfashion room.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 November 2016

The hotel er nice, clean, great location, really good breakfast, spacious rooms, but
THE SERVICE IS 5*!
All the staff will jump through hoops to help you! If it is restaurants, sights or even help finding a taylor - they are sweet, nice, funny and helpful!
The wifi is good for South Africa.
We will stay there again anytime - the sooner the better :-)

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. Looks like a newly renovated building.
Water is clean and safe to drink.
Three star but better than some 5 star hotels ive been to.
In the middle of town but quiet. The staff are kind and helpful.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business