We would not come back to this place.
The location may be convenient but with uber you can get cheaply around the whole city.
Otherwise, where should I start!
We were first put in an apartment with tile floors and stairs!! We have a crawling baby!!
He was on the floor for 2min and got completely black! The floors haven't seen cleaning for a long long time!
We complained and got placed in a new apartment with wooden floors. Better, but still dirty! Asked to get our money back and go looking for another place, once with the money you pay here I'm sure you can get much better, we didn't get it! That's why you should not pay in advance I guess... you will not be well served!
Dust on the furniture, not to speak under it... furniture due a cleaning or just a renovation once it was full of stains.
We ended up cleanup by the whole floor with my babies wet nappies and on the last day we had visitors! Cockroaches! Super!!!
So... use your money elsewhere!
Ah and to top it off, I forgot my favorite scarf there and surprise surprise! It was not found!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colourful De Waterkant Village is a unique European influenced village of semi-detached quaint cottages and cobbled streets preserved from the 1760’s. Cradled between the city and the V&A Waterfront, De Waterkant Village is avant-garde, a cultural urban refuge highlighted by the abundance of restaurants, art galleries, clubs, salsa clubs, tapas bars and Parisian inspired café’s. Drawing comparisons from cultural and artistic villages from all over the world, De Waterkant embraces individuality and theatricality, echoed in the architecture and vibrancy of its residents and visitors. Walking on the beautiful sidewalks, one cannot help but be caught up in its spell, cast by the beauty of the Dutch influenced architecture, with flower boxes under the windows, sprawling balconies and rooftop decks providing exquisite views and majestic old trees that line the streets, filtering the sun selectively through their branches. This is a place that will tempt you into its fold and dare you to indulge and delight in life’s finer pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your De Waterkant Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Waterkant Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- De Waterkant Village Cape Town