All reviews loader street village cafe small living room staff at reception bedroom apartment self catering breakfast included quiet location felt very safe stay in cape town enjoyed my stay charles accommodation waterfront dishwasher proximity uber
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Unit 5 Loader Street. We agree with all the other reviews that this is a a great location for Cape Town and appeared safe.

The two bedroom apartment was clean and well fitted out. Equipment and furniture were clean and newish (settee and outside table ready for replacement). Cleaners came each day and cleaned up and made the beds. The main problem was the renovation of the balcony and entrance way using a flame thrower that came under the back door and set it smouldering while we were inside. This took place on two days.

Reception (Charlie Cafe) were very friendly and helpful. They handled questions and a couple of problems quickly and efficiently. We mentioned the renovation and the flame thrower to reception on the first day. They seemed as surprised as we had been and said they would mention it to the management for our apartment. So we were more surprised and upset when the flame thrower team returned the next morning. Seemed no point in bringing it up again as we were just leaving.

This apartment clearly needs a full check over by the management to ensure everything is in working order and cleaning staff to flag problems rather than waiting for guests to find the problems. For example the shower doors were in obvious need of attention and only one air conditioner remote control worked. None were holiday wrecking issues, but the maintenance man who came to resolve a pre-locked safe said he would get them resolved (but not in time for us) as no one had brought up these points before.

There was free wifi in reception but not in the apartment.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank familly54A
Reviewed 29 July 2017

My room smells like mold i complain but nobody take care, it was a promo but nobady mentioned me , so i pay the whole price.

My room was small at the down floor smell like mold, and lots of rats around the area. Living room beautiful and small kitchen and pool. Do not compromise for those amenities and look for some place without rats.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank dave19764
Reviewed 6 July 2017

My wife and I and our 2 children (age 15 and 21) visited Cape Town for 4 days before heading to Kruger for safari. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment in De Waterkant Village, and we found it to be a very good option for us. While it is not a luxury apartment, it was comfortable and fully stocked with necessary amenities (including coffee pot, iron, ironing board, etc.). We spent most of our time touring Cape Town, eating out, etc. so it mainly served as a place to lay our heads and shower. The staff at the reception were welcoming and helpful, and there is a great restaurant at the office for breakfast which made it easy to get the day started. There are other good restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance, and my daughter went to the neighborhood yoga studio for a morning workout. We felt safe walking around the neighborhood during the day and mainly used Uber at night to get to dinner, etc.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
DeWaterkantVillage, Manager at De Waterkant Village, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Humphrey_jm

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. De Waterkant Village is a lovely area and we are delighted to read your enjoyed our apartment and the neighbourhood restaurants.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and invite you to contact me directly when booking to ensure you have a similar positive experience. My email is hostmanager@dewaterkant.com.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Host Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2017

I ended up in this property as all regular business hotels were fully occupied due to several conferences happening in town.
The area is very nice, with some popular breakfast bars, nice small terraces for lunch or dinner.
You stay in small houses, directly on the street, and it can be very noisy during the night, specially as the windows are single glass only and not even close properly.
All in all, i enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
DeWaterkantVillage, Manager at De Waterkant Village, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear Bart V

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I will personally ensure that we check all of our windows to ensure they shut properly. We hope to welcome you back, if you liaise with me directly when booking, I will ensure you stay in a room that is not effected by the social noise in the area. My email address is hostmanager@dewaterkant.com, I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 7 May 2017

In no.163 apartment. Not very nice at all. The bathroom has obviously been very damp as wall all bubbled but not been repaired just painted over.
Bedding didn't smell clean. Not much in the way of basics at all.
Very steep steps up to the property and the security door was extremely difficult to open.
No air conditioning
Wouldn't want to go back to this unit.

Room Tip: Not to accept no.163
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan S

Dear Susan S

We are sorry to read about your experience and can assure you the matter is viewed seriously and has been escalated to the facilities and housekeeping manager. Immediate action has been taken and training has been scheduled where relevant. These are not the standards we strive to offer our guests and we are truly sorry that this was the case during your stay.

We have processed your refund accordingly. Should you have any queries regarding this, please contact me to discuss.

Kind Regards