My wife and I and our 2 children (age 15 and 21) visited Cape Town for 4 days before heading to Kruger for safari. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment in De Waterkant Village, and we found it to be a very good option for us. While it is not a luxury apartment, it was comfortable and fully stocked with necessary amenities (including coffee pot, iron, ironing board, etc.). We spent most of our time touring Cape Town, eating out, etc. so it mainly served as a place to lay our heads and shower. The staff at the reception were welcoming and helpful, and there is a great restaurant at the office for breakfast which made it easy to get the day started. There are other good restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance, and my daughter went to the neighborhood yoga studio for a morning workout. We felt safe walking around the neighborhood during the day and mainly used Uber at night to get to dinner, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colourful De Waterkant Village is a unique European influenced village of semi-detached quaint cottages and cobbled streets preserved from the 1760’s. Cradled between the city and the V&A Waterfront, De Waterkant Village is avant-garde, a cultural urban refuge highlighted by the abundance of restaurants, art galleries, clubs, salsa clubs, tapas bars and Parisian inspired café’s. Drawing comparisons from cultural and artistic villages from all over the world, De Waterkant embraces individuality and theatricality, echoed in the architecture and vibrancy of its residents and visitors. Walking on the beautiful sidewalks, one cannot help but be caught up in its spell, cast by the beauty of the Dutch influenced architecture, with flower boxes under the windows, sprawling balconies and rooftop decks providing exquisite views and majestic old trees that line the streets, filtering the sun selectively through their branches. This is a place that will tempt you into its fold and dare you to indulge and delight in life’s finer pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your De Waterkant Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Waterkant Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- De Waterkant Village Cape Town