Lowest prices for your stay
US$77
US$62
Agoda.com
US$77
US$54
Hotels.comUS$77
PricelineUS$62
eDreamsUS$62
All reviews cleaning staff hotel is great shuttle service spacious room convention foreshore
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2020

This is almost like you are visiting family and you do not have to do anything.Really terific staff, especially Anwar in the kitchen.Nothing is too much for this guy.Really made us feel at home..The upgrades to the interior are good and a really nice family atmosphere.

Room tip: The family rooms are spacious and have two bathrooms
Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 9 March 2020

I was on a business trip, booking in at 11 pm and booking out again at 6 am, so I really didn't need much. If I had stayed any longer, this would have been a very boring experience. I will not book here on my personal time and account.
This hotel needs a serious upgrade. I have stayed in various hotels in the area for the same price or even less, with a far better look and feel.
I would also focus a bit on cleanliness if I were them. The staff was friendly and helpful.
Nothing else much to say, unfortunately.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

The hotel looks nice and the rooms are spacious but...
The service and attention to detail is anything but 4 star!
We checked in on the first day and that night there was such a noise in the roof of vibrating pipes. Maintenance came and was very friendly but was not able to solve the problem.
The shower tap switch was just a piece of wire too.
The next day we requested to move to a room where there was not this noise at night.
The next day we needed the room in the morning and when we left at lunch time we put the “make up room”. At 5pm on return it was not made up. Then housekeeping came. Again - friendly staff but they took all our towels and some of our coffee cups. But never returned them. When we left again at 6pm we reminded the front desk we did not get any towels and needed cups. On return at 11pm - still none. And it’s taken forever to bring them while we have to wait before we can go to sleep?!!

Breakfast was another big disappointment. The hotel does not publicize that it’s halal, so no bacon and pork or a bar. The variety of breakfast is extremely scarce.

THE MOST SORRY EXCUSE FOR A 4 STAR HOTEL. It’s the service and attention to detail that is seriously lacking.

As another guest reviewed. Only the location is great. Though the staff seem friendly it’s clear that management don’t care?!

Trip type: Travelled on business
davidpadix, General Manager at Capetonian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Dear Quentin,

So sorry that I only got to meet you on your departure day, I am glad that we had a chance to discuss your issues in person.
Please be assured that I take your points of dissatisfaction very seriously and will get to work on remedying our shortcomings.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced during your recent stay with us.

Kind regards
David Dix

Reviewed 6 March 2020

Flights were delayed, so we had a very late booking! Yusrie welcomed us and really delivered stellar service. A work in progress but the revamp at the hotel looks amazing as well. The Capetonian is being restored and done so with great quality. Location is perfect, right next to the Convention Centre in the CBD of this beautiful city. More than the stay, the service is absolutely refreshing. Keep it up! A HUGE thank you to the friendly staff at the hotel! Yusrie, thank you again for making our visit so comfortable. The Capetonian is going places! All the best with the restoration of this grand dame!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2020 via mobile

The location of hotel is very very good as it lies very close to V&A waterfront and Parliament Street. You will find bars, restaurants nearby. However, despite being a very very old hotel, the service of the hotel sucks badly. You will have to wait for close to 30 minutes for simple things. The room allotted to me was also very poor. Being a room for 2 people, the room had queen size bed not very comfortable for 2 people. One can also look for other hotels in the area

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
davidpadix, General Manager at Capetonian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2020

Dear Askoel,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback, we are always striving to perfect our service.
I apologize that your recent experience was not up to expectation.
I would like to find out more out the service issues you experienced, please would you reach out to me?
manager@capetonian.co.za