Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$73
US$57
View deal
eDreams
travelup.com
getaroom.comUS$73
All reviews cleaning staff hotel is great shuttle service spacious room convention foreshore
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2020 via mobile

The location of hotel is very very good as it lies very close to V&A waterfront and Parliament Street. You will find bars, restaurants nearby. However, despite being a very very old hotel, the service of the hotel sucks badly. You will have to wait for close to 30 minutes for simple things. The room allotted to me was also very poor. Being a room for 2 people, the room had queen size bed not very comfortable for 2 people. One can also look for other hotels in the area

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
davidpadix, General Manager at Capetonian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2020

Dear Askoel,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback, we are always striving to perfect our service.
I apologize that your recent experience was not up to expectation.
I would like to find out more out the service issues you experienced, please would you reach out to me?
manager@capetonian.co.za

Kind regards
David Dix

Reviewed 17 February 2020

We stayed over on the 8th of February 2020 for one night only. I booked through booking.com (R1 530.00 for the night) about 3 hours before we arrived at 21:00 the evening. The reason I booked the capetonian was because we needed a place close to the waterfront.

The reception area looked nice and check in was hassle free.

The room allocated to us however was terrible and looked nothing like what is advertised on their website. It's old, worn out and dirty. I have attached some photos so that you can see for yourself that this is NOT a 4 star hotel and by far the worse hotel we have ever stayed at.

On our way out to the Waterfront I spoke to the 2 ladies in reception and told them that the room was really not up to standard. I showed them the photos I took and all I got from them was a "email the photos"....... THAT'S IT. When I asked if they will shower in that bathroom I got a no with a big grin on the one receptionist face. After asking what the email adres was for the second time I got a very sarcastic answer and alot of attitude even being rudely interrupted while trying to explain that this was definitely not what we booked. I felt more like I was interrupting their late night gossip session. I left without saying anything else because I could see that this was a losing battle and I am not one for making a scene.

Upon our return from the Waterfront my stepson was the only one willing to take on that disgusting shower. We left early the next morning without having breakfast.

No surprise that I am still waiting for a reply on both emails I send that evening, just one more reason I will never stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 15 February 2020

We were booked into this hotel by our travel agent via Bedsonline and were not informed that it was a Muslim hotel and therefore alcohol free. The hotel was fine, and the staff very friendly and helpful, but it was exceedingly quiet.
Part of our holiday is sitting in the hotel bar with a glass of wine, and chatting to other guests. This obviously did not happen as there was no bar. The hotel was so quiet the restaurant looked closed, so we went out looking for something to eat. Couldn't find anyting except fast food places, so returned to the Hotel to ask the staff where we could find dinner. They said, in their restaurant! There were only two other people dining, so it was very quiet, but we decided to eat there - and were very pleased we did! I had a chicken and prawn curry which was absolutely delilcious! In fact I would go so far to say it was the best I have ever eaten! (And I have eaten quite a few in my lifetime!) This hotel can be recommended for its Chef, and its staff, and for people who are teetotal or of the Muslim faith. Not for people who like to have an alcoholic drink in the evenings.

Room tip: Upper floors are quieter - less traffic noise.
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 15 February 2020

This hotel is great value for central Cape Town. The public rooms had been updated our room had not. However it was clean the water was hot and we had a fabulous view. I think renovation is on the cards for the rooms. Breakfast was good a huge Buffett crepes and omelettes where made to order by a very friendly Yvette. Parking was free on site. The V&A was walkable but the hotel provide a shuttle service last return trip 10.15pm. No complaints

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank columbiana
davidpadix, Manager at Capetonian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2020

Dear Columbiana,

Thank you for your kind review.
We hope to be able to host you again someday.

Kind regards
David Dix

Reviewed 7 December 2019

We stayed in the Capetonian as a family of 5 and the family rooms are excellent for fitting 5 people in. We had a fabulous view of Table Mountain out our window. The hotel was being refurbished and alot of the rooms had been redone. Dinner was on the first floor at night in a small restaurant that served alcohol as they didn't could serve downstairs in the main restaurant. Breakfast was good, and the staff very friendly.

Date of stay: October 2019