Indeed the WiFi is weak and limited time / data allowed. But decent room and bed. So so breakfast buffet but ok dinner. Super location however and Bucco around the corner. Great eatery. And easy walk to central district.
- Free Wifi
We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights over the Xmas period 2017.
- Good, Central location and walking distance from a trendy area in town. Literally down the road from the Table Mountain cableway entrance and Signal Hill drive.
- Spacious, clean rooms with a comfortable king size bed - Room was cleaned daily.
- Good TV channels
- Great view of Lions Head and part of Table Mountain
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Nice pool area, although we never used it
- The floor we stayed on (6th) was noisy early in the mornings. However this was due to loud guests and due to no fault of the hotel
- The room is a bit old/dated
- No free wifi, which was a big disappointment. Wifi is charged at R100 for 500MB. I have not heard of a hotel in the past 5 years that charges for wifi. This was not stipulated anywhere that wifi is chargeable.
- The parking situation is not great. We learned on check-in that we have to pay R60 per day for parking. This was not specified anywhere upon booking. Also, there is not enough space at the hotel, so the valet service might double-park / block your car. However, they are in operation 24 hours so if you need to leave, they move cars if necessary.
- Breakfast seems to be overpriced
- We would've preferred a couch in front of the TV instead of two chairs.
Firstly they lied to us and said that breakfast was included in the payment, upon checking in, we discovered that breakfast was not. So we paid an extra odd R300 for a breakfast we didn't get. From there on I knew it would go downhill, but thank God it was just for one night. I have travelled and went to hotels, and I expected this one to be the best, yet it turned to be the worst. From the TV, the service, the lies about breakfast, the internet and pictures on the internet that showed a mountain view. All we got was a replica of what we left at home. I only gave a rating of 2 because the bed was comfortable.
The internet connection is very bad, at least on 8th floor. I asked the hotel reception to fix it, although they re-set it several times, the connection is still very very weak. I ended up in not to bother to complain and simply buy my own internet 500MB from vodacom shop. In addition, the room is very noisy facing the road.
I spend a few nights at the hotel on business. It is easy to gain access from any side of town and I like the easy way out towards Camps bay. The great restaurant in the hotel is a great asset and is worth the stay. Breakfast are more than ample. Rooms are not the most modern , but clean and offer all that one requires. The Cape Town red top bus passes by the hotel , so it makes it easy for tourist to hop on.
Group stay by myself and my 8 friends. The hotel has a great location but the lack of free wi fi is a problem for me as a tour leader. Not sure why management says at group rates, "wi fi " is an extra at R100 for 1/2 GB.
The staff in the dinning room move at a snail's pace, leading me to think they are unmotivated.
At the front desk I found one charming lady who was most helpful in resolving group issues for us.