“easy access in CPT , good service and value for money”
Review of Cape Town Lodge

Cape Town Lodge
Ranked #82 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I spend a few nights at the hotel on business. It is easy to gain access from any side of town and I like the easy way out towards Camps bay. The great restaurant in the hotel is a great asset and is worth the stay. Breakfast are more than ample. Rooms are not the most modern , but clean and offer all that one requires. The Cape Town red top bus passes by the hotel , so it makes it easy for tourist to hop on.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank RiaanSouthAfrica

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Group stay by myself and my 8 friends. The hotel has a great location but the lack of free wi fi is a problem for me as a tour leader. Not sure why management says at group rates, "wi fi " is an extra at R100 for 1/2 GB.

The staff in the dinning room move at a snail's pace, leading me to think they are unmotivated.
At the front desk I found one charming lady who was most helpful in resolving group issues for us.

Room Tip: mountain views
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2017

We had an amazing 4 night stay at the Cape Town Lodge. The hotel is in a great location, close to the waterfront and city center, and a very short drive up to Table Mountain. The hotel restaurant is very reasonably priced, with very good food and service, and live music. The hotel bar, unfortunately, can become very smoky in the evenings, so we avoided that space. Right behind the hotel you'll find a number of very good restaurants - although our tour guide advised against walking alone in the neighborhood at night, we felt very safe walking to restaurants in the area. Our standard room was large and very comfortable, with the cheapest mini-bar I've ever seen. Minimal toiletries are available - I would advise bringing your own conditioner as none is provided. Laundry service is also available, and very reasonably priced. Keep an eye on the wi-fi if you use it as the service can become very spotty - a recent iPhone update had automatically turned on my wi-fi assist and cellular data and even though I was on hotel wi-fi, I came home to a hefty phone bill with international data charges.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Will definitely come back, staff friendly and very helpful. Rooms are very neat and had everything we needed. Nice and quiet not as noisy as I expected being in Town. Secure parking was extra but we had peace of mind.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

When I hear lodge i don’t expect a 4 star hotel. So was very pleasantly surprised. Nice spacious room and bathroom. When looking for hair dryer, look inside table in the room. It’s not in bathroom. They do provide shampoo, body wash and lotion. There is safe in the room. We had a problem closing ours, called maintenance and they fixed it in a few hours. Just a precaution, do make sure safe is bolted in. If not, don’t leave anything in it. Ours was bolted in. But very uncomfortable to get to safe have to crawl into closet. We were told by our tour guide not to unpack and keep our suitcases locked because things can walk out the door. Sad but we did. And passing same advice to you.
Beautiful decor in common areas.
Very nice full breakfast with lots of cold and hot choices. Coffee so so but tea is good. Try their rooibos tea - good for you and tasty.
We took cab to waterfront, costed 50 zar. We asked front desk to get us the taxi just to be safe.
Would definitely recommend the lodge.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple