Cape Town Lodge
US$138
US$134
  • Restaurant
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$270
US$204
US$214
  • Pool
Hilton Cape Town City Centre(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$132
Hilton
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Victoria Junction(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$146
  • Pool
One&Only Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$762
US$731
  • Breakfast included
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$86
  • Breakfast included
Cape Diamond Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$146
US$64
  • Restaurant
ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Pool
Protea Hotel Cape Town Sea Point(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Pool
All reviewsbutchers grilllong streettable mountainbo kaaprooftop poolbree streetcentral locationwi fisuperior roomhotel restaurantroom was largesecure parkingenjoyed my stayspent nightshop on hop off bussouth africawaterfront
Reviewed 8 April 2016

Well done and excellent service from Shameelah, Ziad, the parking attendants and Magmoet! The Western Cape Government was happy with your assistance during our four day conference. Keep up the good work. Heather

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

The room was very clean and cosy. Also our view from 8th floor was quite nice. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located centrally and with great restaurants and pubs in walking distance. We decided to go there for breakfast instead of paying 130ZAR pp. at the hotel.

But: we live in 21st century and no free wifi and even no wifi in the rooms at all is a no-go. You have to pay 100ZAR to get a internet voucher of 500mb, which you can use at several computers located on 8th floor.
Another point is the temperature of water. Its jumping from way too hot to freezing cold in seconds and the other way around. Maybe because the shower was running too long. But as we were two people, the facilities in a 4-star hotel should be able handle this.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vivian2509
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

My experience was great. I am grateful for everything that went well.
I just wish that we came at a time when the porter(s) was/(were) more helpful. A man can always use help with dealing with a lady's luggage.

Secondly, the parking arrangement/situation needs to be adjusted. On the first level, one ends up parking in a place where they can get boxed in.
The second level is a much better space to park, but getting there is not a comfortable process. By car,the ramp is very steep - a bit intimidating. We found ourselves having to walk up and down the steep ramp because there seemed to be no other way to walk. There was no convenient path, like an elevator - or stairs at least. A nearby staircase seems to be restricted to being used as a fire escape. Unless an employee has opened the doors for some reason, it seems like the doors are always closed.

It is very difficult for a lady to walk up and down the parking ramp in heels. Actually, it is dangerous!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2016

First time round we had a room on the 9th floor. Apartment was spacious and light and spotless. But nothing could prepare us for the second visit.
We had an apartment on the 10th floor. OMG! We were blown away. Spanning over three levels, this apartment had absolutely everything you could ask for and more. Two bathrooms, three TVs, two small balconies, very comfortable large bed. The list just goes on and on.

The only thing they need to sort out though, is the very slow and temperamental lift.

But other than that, it's a fantastic hotel and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Staying in Cape Town occasionally, I always wandered about this hotel and somehow, in my mind, I always thought that this might just be a dodgy place - and how wrong and misconceived that idea was. My secretary booked me into this hotel and whilst I had my reservations, I could not locate another accommodation in a hurry as CPT was pretty much fully booked.

From the moment I walked in a week ago until my departure today I cannot say that a single staff member has been unfriendly or not greeted me - very professional, very helpful - all of them. Reception is manned 24 hours with properly trained and helpful staff. Even in the bar at night Moses, Marvin and colleagues had something to chat about - what a nice bunch. The reasonably spacious rooms were cleaned properly daily, the mini-bar re-stocked (on most days), the bathroom is of a proper size with the shower fitted in the bath, nice large TV, a desk to work on, comfy bedding, aircon - I would not say luxurious, bit certainly of a good upmarket standard.

The only drawback is the speed of the lifts - they take ages to get anywhere. The breakfast buffet was well appointed, from Muesli to salmon slices - it was all there. On ground level a "Famous Butchers Grill" restaurant served me steaks a la bonne heure - a long time since I had such good steaks, served by such friendly and efficient staff.

Parking valet service is available at ZAR 60 per night, on hotel premises. Wifi speed was battling at times. Internet facilities / office type of set-up is available on the 8th floor & proper seating in place (no plastic chairs).

So yes, my apologies for the "dodgy" place impression I had - I will certainly return.

Room Tip: The suites on 9th and 10th floor must have a magnificient view of table mountain. The pool is also located on the 9th floor
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business