Cape Town Lodge
Pepperclub Hotel & Spa(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$161
  • Breakfast included
The Commodore(Cape Town Central)
US$304
US$241
Agoda.com
Townhouse Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$157
US$94
  • Breakfast included
Protea Hotel Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$128
  • Restaurant
Hippo Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$65
Agoda.com
Victoria & Alfred Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$366
US$267
Agoda.com
Taj Cape Town(Cape Town Central)
US$241
US$156
US$464
US$407
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Derwent House Boutique Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$186
US$175
Travelocity
The Table Bay Hotel(Cape Town Central)
US$453
US$438
All reviewsbutchers grilllong streettable mountainbo kaaprooftop poolbree streetcentral locationwi fisuperior roomhotel restaurantroom was largesecure parkingenjoyed my stayspent nightshop on hop off bussouth africawaterfront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2015

Ideally placed to enjoy consideration. Misses the mark on EXCESSIVE PARKING fees – only a DAILY rate available. NO FREE WiFi??? Unacceptable! Chamber staff excessively noisy! Slow counter service at peak am checkout.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 May 2015

We stayed for only 2 nights at this hotel for our short stay in Cape Town. The room we had was huge (very long and narrow), beds were clean and reasonably comfortable but we were glad we only had 2 nights as they were a little too firm for us. The location is OK but you do need to take a taxi to be right in the heart of the city and it isn't in the sort of area we felt comfortable walking around at night. Hence, we made sure we had our main meal before we returned to the hotel each day. They do have a restaurant but we chose to eat out. We did ask at reception if it was possible to get a bus into town but they recommended a taxi and to be fair it cost only R45 which works out at about £2.50 so not worth the hassle of waiting for public transport we felt. WiFi is available for R100 (about £5.50) and we left before I had used all the time allocation. We would consider using the Cape Town Lodge again but would prefer to be a little nearer the centre of town.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue H
Reviewed 24 May 2015

This hotel is great value for money, situated in central Cape Town and is perfect for people who want to experience Cape Town night life or if you are on a business trip. The hotel is also close to theV&A Waterfront and for an extra fee you can use their a shuttle service which can take you to places around town. This is handy if you don't have a car.
I found this service very useful and the driver was friendly and helpful.

At the Hotel there is a restaurant called the Famous Butchers Grill which is a great place to have dinner, the food was fabulous. There is also a pool bar and a cigar lounge.

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, although the room was not big but it was clean and it had everything you would expect from a hotel.

My only negative comment is that there is a R200 deposit which needs to be paid up front and all the little hidden costs like parking and so on.

Room Tip: Choose a floor higher up to stay and a room with a view
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2015

I visited this hotel with my partner and stayed there for 2 nights. Perfect location. Rooms are clean and lovely. Views are great. Sweet melodies at breakfast. It was a beautiful experience in general. Parking is a bit of a problem though, it could do with more space but at least it is very safe with 24hr security!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2015

This is a lovely hotel in a very good location and it is also very good value for money. The rooms are great, it is very clean, the bar and restaurant are very good, if a bit expensive, breakfast is marvellous...BUT the reception staff are bloody awful.

I arrived at 10am, hoping to leave my bag for the day. I had paid in advance. There was no 'Hello' or 'Welcome'. I was told 'I'm very, very early'. Yes? And? I only want to leave my bag...

Can I have some more sugar in my room? Properly checking in and out. I think I turned into the invisible woman.

Dreadful, dreadful...the worst service I have experienced in South Africa.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo