“Good location and very friendly and helpful staff”
Review of Cape Town Lodge

Cape Town Lodge
Ranked #82 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 3 June 2015

A good hotel for business and pleasure. The staff were very friendly and helpful, even by South African standards. The room was clean and spacious, although the view was uninspiring to say the least. Breakfast was very good and the steak in the hotel eatery easily ranks in the top 10 I have ever had. I used the hotel shuttle to and from the airport and this was extremely efficient. I received a phone call while I was just leaving the plane to tell me that my driver was waiting and to take as long as I needed. The location is within easy taxi ride of everywhere you will need to go, and although most are walkable I would recommend the taxi option. The only downside is the wifi access. In this day and age the fact that a 4 star hotel charges for quite poor internet isn't reallly acceptable. If you are on holiday it will not matter so much, but if you are on business it is a bit more of an issue. Overall if booked into this hotel again then I will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Videoman4K

Reviewed 30 May 2015

Ideally placed to enjoy consideration. Misses the mark on EXCESSIVE PARKING fees – only a DAILY rate available. NO FREE WiFi??? Unacceptable! Chamber staff excessively noisy! Slow counter service at peak am checkout.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 May 2015

We stayed for only 2 nights at this hotel for our short stay in Cape Town. The room we had was huge (very long and narrow), beds were clean and reasonably comfortable but we were glad we only had 2 nights as they were a little too firm for us. The location is OK but you do need to take a taxi to be right in the heart of the city and it isn't in the sort of area we felt comfortable walking around at night. Hence, we made sure we had our main meal before we returned to the hotel each day. They do have a restaurant but we chose to eat out. We did ask at reception if it was possible to get a bus into town but they recommended a taxi and to be fair it cost only R45 which works out at about £2.50 so not worth the hassle of waiting for public transport we felt. WiFi is available for R100 (about £5.50) and we left before I had used all the time allocation. We would consider using the Cape Town Lodge again but would prefer to be a little nearer the centre of town.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue H
Reviewed 24 May 2015

This hotel is great value for money, situated in central Cape Town and is perfect for people who want to experience Cape Town night life or if you are on a business trip. The hotel is also close to theV&A Waterfront and for an extra fee you can use their a shuttle service which can take you to places around town. This is handy if you don't have a car.
I found this service very useful and the driver was friendly and helpful.

At the Hotel there is a restaurant called the Famous Butchers Grill which is a great place to have dinner, the food was fabulous. There is also a pool bar and a cigar lounge.

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, although the room was not big but it was clean and it had everything you would expect from a hotel.

My only negative comment is that there is a R200 deposit which needs to be paid up front and all the little hidden costs like parking and so on.

Room Tip: Choose a floor higher up to stay and a room with a view
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2015

I visited this hotel with my partner and stayed there for 2 nights. Perfect location. Rooms are clean and lovely. Views are great. Sweet melodies at breakfast. It was a beautiful experience in general. Parking is a bit of a problem though, it could do with more space but at least it is very safe with 24hr security!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple