Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Eeyore
Kempton Park, South Africa

Sea point vacation

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Jan 2024via mobile
Loved the location of the hotel. Beautiful views from the superior suites. The hotel is a bit dated. They have started renovating some rooms. We were very surprised that one has to pay for load shedding and parking and there is not always parking available. The breakfast buffet has a nice flapjack machine. Staff is accommodating.
Date of stay: October 2023
Room Tip: Avoid busy times as it gets very busy at peak hour. Leave enough time travelling to and from the...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
No prepayment needed
    R 6 688
4.5 km from The Peninsula All-Suite Hotel
View more hotels in Cape Town Central
All reviews sea point main bedroom shuttle service free shuttle the atlantic ocean per night the general manager first floor south africa rci gym balconies cape
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 December 2023

I remember The Peninsula when it was pristine and luxurious. We haven't stayed there for the last number of years so we were very disappointed with what we found. Being a time share resort where everyone checks in on Friday, the staff could barely cope. The lifts are unreliable with only 1 working much of the time. The noise level is high so relaxation is not a focus. The rooms are in need of proper upgrading - both USB plugs were broken, the windows do not seal (the frames are bent out of shape) so the wind howls, other small issues such as a basin plug that was not operational. There is a tree that has grown 10 stories in the pool area that blocks most of the view on the patio. The position is the saving grace. Probably won't see us back anytime soon.

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian A
Reviewed 2 December 2023 via mobile

Very centrally located, close to beaches and shopping district, walking distance to very popular Mojo Market. Rooms are neat and well-kept and recently renovated. Bathrooms are tidy, with very good water pressure for a relaxing shower, although it seems the tub was left out of renovations as it was stained and a bit grubby looking. Enough electrical points to charge all your devices. On our floor, all windows opened wide for a sea breeze, although the restaurant right below the room windows was a poor choice as it can get loud and rowdy. The kitchen is equipped with two plate stove, microwave, fridge/freezer, lots of counter space, toaster, kettle and basin. Couch in living room can be pulled out for double bed. While we were there the generator was broken, but they provided rechargeable lights and candles. The wi-fi is off during loadshedding and very spotty otherwise, do not depend on it, especially if you have work to do. We had water leak from the room above onto the extractor fan and stove, reported it to reception and housekeeping, all they did was leave extra towels to mop up the water, we couldn't use the stove for fear of electrocute or a short-circuit. Busses stop right outside the hotel. They have safe and secure parking at R70 per night

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank michelleberry000
Reviewed 30 October 2023

I had a wonderful second-floor stay at The Peninsula All-Suite Hotel in Seapoint, Cape Town. The hotel is conveniently located near the main attractions and public transportation. The luxury suite I stayed in was extremely spacious, clean, and well-equipped with everything I needed. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. The staff was extraordinarily friendly, helpful, and professional. They always greeted me with a smile and made sure I had everything I needed. The breakfast buffet was delicious and had a lot of variety. I also enjoyed the sea view and the hotel has a lovely pool and fitness center too. The only bit of negative feedback is a very irritating 'beeping noise' which either comes from the traffic light or the bus station located right in front of the suite I stayed in. I have very good hearing and the incessant beeping throughout the night drove me bonkers. Also, the staff start moving the outdoor restaurant furniture around very early in the morning - it woke me up very early two mornings in a row. Traffic right in front of the hotel takes away from the ''beach'' experience (and drowns out the sound of waves) but it is to expected if you take the location into consideration. Please note that you pay a hefty R70 per night for your (very narrow!!) off-street parking. I battled to get my rental SUV in and out of the parking spaces. Also, if there is loadshedding and you don't want an interruption in power, you have to pay R60 per day extra for diesel to cover the generator - third world country problems I guess! Despite these small hiccups, the Peninsula exceeded my expectations and I would definitely stay here again. Thank you for making my trip so enjoyable!

Room tip: You pay R70 per night extra for parking. You pay R60 per day extra if there's loadshedding to cover price of diesel.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jet11238898403
Reviewed 15 October 2023

Room 105. Unfortunately we didn't have a good experience. We went to have a relaxed weekend with the family. Sat morning since 19am they had a private function at the pool and restaurant area with vety load music. We werd told there is a radio station doing the music.it carried on the whole of sat untill about 4 pm and ghen ghe hotel started with their own private band till late. Nobody warned us about the private function in the space where hotel guests are supposed to be accomodated. Spoke to the manager and she was very short just said it is a private function. They should have warned us so we could have booked another weekend instead .Sunday morning at breakfast nobody to show us where to go. Had to move eventually . Waiter present was hardly present. He rang up the wrong bill and out of honesty I told him it was incorrect. Reported it and were told they had more complaints. End of that .sign ghat nanagement ov staff not the best for the hotel. We stayed in 105.

Room tip: Ask where room is situated and if ghere are any private functions at pool area as ghey don't warn you
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ronelusher
Reviewed 6 October 2023

We waited over an hour for our room to be ready. Checkin is at 14:00 , it's now 15:00 and we still waiting on our room. I have two kids with me and they starting to get restless. My wife is on her monthly and it's just a bad experience. Very disappointed.

• Trip type: Travelled with family