Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
michelleberry000

Overall good with a few bad spots

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 02 Dec 2023via mobile
Very centrally located, close to beaches and shopping district, walking distance to very popular Mojo Market. Rooms are neat and well-kept and recently renovated. Bathrooms are tidy, with very good water pressure for a relaxing shower, although it seems the tub was left out of renovations as it was stained and a bit grubby looking. Enough electrical points to charge all your devices. On our floor, all windows opened wide for a sea breeze, although the restaurant right below the room windows was a poor choice as it can get loud and rowdy. The kitchen is equipped with two plate stove, microwave, fridge/freezer, lots of counter space, toaster, kettle and basin. Couch in living room can be pulled out for double bed. While we were there the generator was broken, but they provided rechargeable lights and candles. The wi-fi is off during loadshedding and very spotty otherwise, do not depend on it, especially if you have work to do. We had water leak from the room above onto the extractor fan and stove, reported it to reception and housekeeping, all they did was leave extra towels to mop up the water, we couldn't use the stove for fear of electrocute or a short-circuit. Busses stop right outside the hotel. They have safe and secure parking at R70 per night
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
No prepayment needed
    R 528
    R 527
Restaurant
View more hotels in Cape Town Central
All reviews sea point main bedroom shuttle service free shuttle the atlantic ocean per night the general manager first floor south africa rci gym balconies cape
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 October 2023

I had a wonderful second-floor stay at The Peninsula All-Suite Hotel in Seapoint, Cape Town. The hotel is conveniently located near the main attractions and public transportation. The luxury suite I stayed in was extremely spacious, clean, and well-equipped with everything I needed. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spotless. The staff was extraordinarily friendly, helpful, and professional. They always greeted me with a smile and made sure I had everything I needed. The breakfast buffet was delicious and had a lot of variety. I also enjoyed the sea view and the hotel has a lovely pool and fitness center too. The only bit of negative feedback is a very irritating 'beeping noise' which either comes from the traffic light or the bus station located right in front of the suite I stayed in. I have very good hearing and the incessant beeping throughout the night drove me bonkers. Also, the staff start moving the outdoor restaurant furniture around very early in the morning - it woke me up very early two mornings in a row. Traffic right in front of the hotel takes away from the ''beach'' experience (and drowns out the sound of waves) but it is to expected if you take the location into consideration. Please note that you pay a hefty R70 per night for your (very narrow!!) off-street parking. I battled to get my rental SUV in and out of the parking spaces. Also, if there is loadshedding and you don't want an interruption in power, you have to pay R60 per day extra for diesel to cover the generator - third world country problems I guess! Despite these small hiccups, the Peninsula exceeded my expectations and I would definitely stay here again. Thank you for making my trip so enjoyable!

Room tip: You pay R70 per night extra for parking. You pay R60 per day extra if there's loadshedding to cover price of diesel.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Jet11238898403
Reviewed 15 October 2023

Room 105. Unfortunately we didn't have a good experience. We went to have a relaxed weekend with the family. Sat morning since 19am they had a private function at the pool and restaurant area with vety load music. We werd told there is a radio station doing the music.it carried on the whole of sat untill about 4 pm and ghen ghe hotel started with their own private band till late. Nobody warned us about the private function in the space where hotel guests are supposed to be accomodated. Spoke to the manager and she was very short just said it is a private function. They should have warned us so we could have booked another weekend instead .Sunday morning at breakfast nobody to show us where to go. Had to move eventually . Waiter present was hardly present. He rang up the wrong bill and out of honesty I told him it was incorrect. Reported it and were told they had more complaints. End of that .sign ghat nanagement ov staff not the best for the hotel. We stayed in 105.

Room tip: Ask where room is situated and if ghere are any private functions at pool area as ghey don't warn you
2  Thank ronelusher
Reviewed 6 October 2023

We waited over an hour for our room to be ready. Checkin is at 14:00 , it's now 15:00 and we still waiting on our room. I have two kids with me and they starting to get restless. My wife is on her monthly and it's just a bad experience. Very disappointed.

1  Thank Journey66894419772
Reviewed 13 September 2023

We checked into the hotel on September 1 and stayed for a week. The main hotel areas have been renovated, but they still maintain that classic art deco vibe. While we were there, a number of guest rooms were being renovated, and the second elevator was being upgraded. As a guest, I'm actually happy to see renovations and upgrades, because it tells me that the owner cares about the property and the comfort of their guests.

Our room was more like a fully furnished apartment/flat. It was newly renovated, and was absolutely gorgeous! Although we were only two people, the flat could accommodate up to six people. There were two bedrooms, and a pull-out couch. The master bedroom opened onto a generously-sized balcony that overlooked the ocean. We also had a full kitchen with fridge, microwave, stove and oven. This was a nice addition, as we were able to prepare some meals when we didn't feel like eating out.

The hotel is well-situated, with lots of amenities, shops and restaurants within walking distance. There are two grocery stores (SPAR and Woolworths Foodmarket) within 160 metres of the hotel lobby. There are also two laundry facilities around the corner from the hotel, where they both offer very affordable laundry drop-off services. The famous Mojo Market is also just a 10-minute walk from the hotel. For destinations further away, the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle that will drive you to locations up to 8 km away. You simply ask reception to book your time and destination, and they'll also pick you up at a designated time to bring you back to the hotel.

The staff were kind and courteous, always greeting us when we passed each other in the hallway. Unlike other similar properties we've stayed at, the Peninsula offered DAILY housekeeping. Having stayed at many other similar properties, we had gotten used to having only weekly housekeeping, and disposing of our own trash. Having daily housekeeping was an unexpected treat. The staff did everything to make our stay comfortable and memorable.

We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and we would definitely stay here again, should we find ourselves again in Cape Town.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The Peninsula All-Suite-Hotel, Guest Services / Front Office at The Peninsula All-Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2023

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review on our Hotel ... we really appreciate it.

We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2023

My family and I arrived at the hotel, and were warmly greeted by Isaac who helped us with our bags to the room while we checked in.
The service and friendliness of all the staff makes you want to come back.

The atmosphere created by the staff, makes it very relaxing.
Our one bedroom self catering apartment with two bathrooms was perfect when traveling with a toddler

I highly recommend staying at the Hotel.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

We hope you visit us again soon.