All reviews sea point games room queens beach super luxury sleeper couch km radius master bedroom main bedroom free shuttle service self catering citi bus bantry bay guest services sea view per night small kitchen full kitchen
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Our first stay while ago left me a bit disappointed however this time around was pleasantly surprised, it was a weekend get away and we checked in on Friday early evening and wow when we got to the room (208) the sea breeaze was breath taking the smell of the ocean was overwhelming in a good way and soothed the stresses of the day, The room was actually very nice compared to our last stay it was dull, our room now had all amenities you need and even though with water shortages had a water supply in a can in case of now water, was glad to see the rubber duck for those who wanted to bath think it was cool idea you hand in your rubber duck and then you get the bath tub plug, we could see many JOJO tanks as well on the premises.

All in all waking up to the sound of the ocean was beautiful and reminds us how grateful we must be for all that we have been blessed with,

I will definitely be going again hoping for similar room to what we had now.

Went to check out the games room and pool was inviting, they offered shuttle service to V&A Waterfront etc which was nice.

I will definitely be telling family and friends to visit soon felt like a tourist in my own city.

Room Tip: we were in room 208
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2018

The Peninsula is the sort of resort hotel people wish for, but the reality seldom matches up to ones's expectations. However, in the case of the Peninsula, the reality exceeds and delights one's expectation, year after year after year. The location, the welcome, the delightful staff, their responsiveness, the going the extra mile - if only all resorts were like this. And it's all so spontaneous; you never feel like its something they have to do but rather a genuine desire to make one stay memorable in every way possible. The construction goes back many years despite its modern appearance. So the lifts aren't the fastest, and maintenance, whilst excellent and prompt, is clearly somewhat challenging. But you know what - it doesn't matter.

Room Tip: All magnificent ocean views, but the higher floors are spectacular
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Visited this hotel for a bite to eat with friends and was instantly impressed with the interior. Beautifully furnished, presents itself as lavish and luxurious. But unfortunately the overall experience went downhill after being seated in the restaurant. The food is expensive but at a up market place like this that it to be expected. But unfortunately upon receiving my bacon and camembert burger I was extremely disappointed. Not only was it very plain, and hardly tastier than a burger I could have bought at spar and made myself, but it was ice cold and I had to ask the manager (who was incredibly helpful and apologetic) to reheat it. However my partner had the chicken and that was delicious so perhaps it's only the burger. Our waitress was hardly available and didn't check on us even once , I had to walk to her to order another drink , get my food warmed up and ask for the bill. To summarize, beautiful hotel and restaurant, very average tasting burger, inattentive staff.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2018

Had another wonderful week in the Peninsula and despite the water shortage we managed to limit our use of water. It was nice to see that the hotel had a good water management system and was upfront telling guests about the problems and how they were managing them. It was no problem helping to reduce the water usage and [hopefully] we never 'smelled'.
The hotel is in a prime location and we always enjoy our annual trip 'to the seaside'.

Room Tip: Higher and to the right [looking from the front] get the best sunsets at this time of the year
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We spent one night here for my daughter's 10th birthday. We had a 2 bedroom unit which was spacious and our stay wasn't unpleasant but the building is old and run down. I can see that it was probably very nice 10 years ago but now it just looks very old and outdated... and at almost R5,500 for one night one would expect something better. The staff members were also not super friendly and the kiddies club wasn't great either. The only positive is the location with easy access to the MyCiti bus service

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family