Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
RobinH81
Tampa, Florida

Amazing hotel and service

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Sept 2021via mobile
We couldn't have had a better stay at the Westin Cape Town. The service was impeccable from check-in to check out. We were welcomed with a lovely cake, balloons, and champagne as we were celebrating both a milestone birthday and anniversary. Ray-Jacques the concierge was so helpful in making arrangements for us, suggesting alternatives when some of our planned activities were canceled due to weather. Everything was spotlessly clean, and we felt very safe and confident in their COVID-19 protocols. The breakfast was a lovely start to each day, and we finished each day with a dip in the indoor heated pool and hot tub, such a treat! And it had to be the best view from a sauna I've ever seen. Five stars for a true five star experience.
Date of stay: September 2021
Room Tip: We hired a car, and parking at the hotel was reasonably priced, safe, and plentiful
Cape Town DFM, Other at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this review
Responded 27 Sept 2021
Dear Robin H,

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review online about your recent experience at The Westin Cape Town. We are delighted to see that the experience lived up to your expectations and more. We strive towards providing our guests with an amazing experience and have relayed the information to the relevant departments.
We hope to welcome you back for a return visit soon so that we can have the opportunity to showcase the level of excellent service that you expect.

R 3 159
Reviews (2 827)
2 827 results
1 630
1 630
All reviews the executive lounge convention center top floor business hotel club floor table mountain indoor pool guest services breakfast buffet modern hotel five star hotel waterfront area rooms are large south africa shuttle spa conference
Selected filters
127 - 132 of 2 827 reviews
Reviewed 5 September 2021

It's almost 2pm on a Sunday afternoon after a sight seeing drive returned to my room with great disappointed hoping to relax on the afternoon. The room has still not been cleaned. We asked the cleaning supervisor as to why the room was cleaned told we had a do not disturb sign outside the door. After letting her we had no sign she mentions room 1029 she mistook our room 1031 for 1029. Asked to speak to the duty manager he was too busy to take my call and I was directed to the the front desk supervisor her story was different as to whythe room was not cleaned.

Secondly the room is closed to the motorway and the noise is unbearable.

Thirdly the TV selection channels are rather poor not befitting a 5 star hotel.

I am rather disappointed at the service while the hotel is good service is shocking

Date of stay: September 2021
2  Thank brianl637
Marilize Van Niekerk, Owner at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2021

Dear brianl637,

Thank you very much for taking time to post a review online. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel. It is, however, a pity that the service did not live up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused regarding this issue. We certainly strive towards providing our guests with an amazing experience and have relayed the information to the relevant department to improve the standard of service.

Regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2021

This weekend was EXTREMELY important to us, it was meant to be a relaxing break, finally, after a really hectic challenging 7months!
We suffered from covid for more than a month in December after having booked our usual year end getaway, obviously that didnt happen. February and March was spent just trying to get stronger after covid and get back into our normal daily life. April was our Ramadaan, so we prepared for that, it was also both my husbands (the 16th) birthday and my 40th (the 21st) birthday. On the 18th of April, 2 days after my husbands birthday, still in Ramadaan, he hurt his back and was incapacitated. Couldn't walk or even move, xrays, MRI's etc and after numerous specialists visits and strong nerve tablets and morphine, he was told he would need 2 serious spine operations and would be in a wheelchair for life. ( I know, non of this is your concern, but I need you to understand how important this little break was for us) obviously we made preparation for his operations and he continued daily in endless pain and strict bed rest. I took matters into my own hands and tried 2 more avenues to resort to an alternate plan for him to NOT have the surgeries despite the specialist surgeon saying it was the only way.

Took him for DAILY, biokeneticist and chiropractor visits, and that together with exercise and physiotherapy, for 2 months is what allowed him to finally be able to walk again.
I wasnt able to celebrate my birthday and also Eid etc.

We have 6 kids, and running the home, working, driving him daily to all these appointments, seeing to the kids AND arranging our sons engagement which happened in June, was EXTREMELY taxing and so I arranged for just a little break so we can breathe a bit and just enjoy ourselves.
I booked for the previous weekend but the Thursday my son was in a car accident, and I had to cancel.

I then moved it to this past weekend. Praying that nothing happens and that all goes well. Tried to make it extra special for him.

Now in March I booked for my one son and his wifes anniversary and they too had issues at the hotel. Even though they came to tell me, I just brushed it off and never took it further.

The view of the room was beautiful and he was happy.
Then I made him coffee and the machine was faulty, but we managed, a small glitch. The Friday our room was extremely hot and despite putting on the aircon it just wasnt cooling down. We ordered in on Friday night, and I told the room service they should charge it to the room and we will settle on check out, as I would always do at all the hotels we have stayed before.
After waiting more than an hour for our food, he came back and insisted we pay cash or swipe now as we have no credit. I mean really,  at 10pm at night???? Why couldn't that wait until the morning?

Then we wake up the next morning both with dry throats and coughs. I literally had to take 2 mybulin before I could even get up, that's how bad my headache was. All because there was no air circulation in the room.

We get to breakfast, and the lady tells us she doesnt have space for us, we must go back up to our room and she will call us when there is space?????? Seriously? 5 star?????
No I'm sorry,  no matter the circumstances, there are other spaces that could be opened to accommodate for covid and social distancing etc. Also there are so many better ways to handle this than telling you to go back up to your room.

(My husband suggested that you actually offer the person a seat on the other side to wait, and get them a cup of coffee/tea. Give them a menu and get their order in the meantime while they are waiting so it doesnt look as though u are actually just letting them sit there. Then when they get a table, their wait for food is also not that long.

After we waited 20mins for a seat, we had to wait another 30mins for food. That's nearly an hour. It just wasnt managed well at all.

While at breakfast we were called by Luqmaan who told us that our aircon was infact broken and needed to be fixed which meant guys being in our private space. It would take more than 4 hours.

He suggested we rather move to another room.

Now when I booked I specifically booked waterfront and asked, almost begged actually,  for a great room with a great view. It was the reason I actually booked with The Westin, else I could have driven out of Cape Town and booked somewhere else.

On returning to the hotel after about 2 hours out, Luqmaan gave us a choice of 1 of two rooms, both which were really not that great and nothing like the one we had to move out of. This was extremely disappointing and really just the inconvenience of now having to pack in our clothes again and move everything over to the other room, just spoiled the weekend completely.

We moved over and when we got to the other room, the keys we were provided with, wasnt working. By now we were already so so so upset and actually just tired and totally disappointed! Half of our Saturday was already gone.

I had to call Luqmaan again and he brought new keys. I was so disappointed with the view, looking into a concrete building and freeway, not exactly what I had begged for, but ya.

Someone knocks on the door and just opens and walks in ?????? We could have been NAKED! the lady says she is just checking if the room was cleaned 🤨 really????

Then 10mins later another knock, a guy bringing keys, apparently someone sent him to bring a set of keys???? We already had keys 🤦‍♀️ clearly the communication sucks at your hotel.

Finally we relax on our bed.
Switch on our bedroom television and that too doesnt work.

Now I mean, by now I was already past the point of understanding!
I had to call Luqmaan again and according to him, he checked the room, However IT WASNT WORKING 🤷‍♀️

Obviously now we have to wait again for someone to disturb our privacy.
10 mins later 3 men come into our private space during the 3rd wave of covid, in a 5 star hotel, where there are supposed to be checklists,  to fix my bedroom TV.

After a struggle and change of cables, the 2 technical guys, had to get a ladder to go into the trap door in our room, to fix whatever it was that was wrong.

After an hour, it finally got sorted. Now please, how on earth, can one have a beautiful weekend after your Saturday, which is actually all of your weekend is completely ruined and over!!!! It was now already after 3pm!!!!

So disappointing. I was actually disgusted in the very poor service and way this was handled. We were offered a R500 towards supper and a late checkout which we couldn't even use! This DOESNT make up for ruining our weekend!!!!

I cant even believe I had held The Westin in such high esteem before this!!!! I'm utterly disappointed and totally disgusted!!!!

The Westin Cape Town Sucks!!!!! And should DEFINITELY NOT be 5 star hotel!!!

Date of stay: July 2021
2  Thank WardaD24
Marilize Van Niekerk, Owner at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2021

Dear WardaD24,

Thank you for taking time to review The Westin Cape Town. We take all comments and reviews seriously and will do everything we can to resolve all issues mentioned. We apologise that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations - we always want you to stay relaxed and refreshed and to leave us feeling better than when you arrived, and will therefore make a concerted effort to ensure this does not happen again.
We sincerely hope that you return for another stay in order for us to reflect a new perspective of outstanding guest hospitality at The Westin Cape Town.

Regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2021 via mobile

Great hotel, spacious rooms and very very friendly staff. This was my second visit and spent two nights. I really enjoyed it. The bed is very comfortable and the views from the 19th floor executive lounge are absolutely gorgeous. The place is centrally located to key places and 30min from the airport.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank siphos546
Cape Town DFM, Other at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2021

Dear Siphos546,

Reviewed 27 June 2021 via mobile

As a solo traveler, location was of paramount importance. Westin is walking distance from V&A Waterfront. I was recognized as a titanium and upgraded to a beautiful suite with ocean views. The happy hour from 4-6 pm at the lounge offers a stunning sunset view.
I highly recommend this hotel if you're in Cape town for business or pleasure.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank Sumdude3
Cape Town DFM, Other at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2021

Dear Sumdude3,

Reviewed 10 June 2021 via mobile

The hotel is five star in every category: service, amenities, and location. The food was delicious. I visited the spa everyday as it had a workout room, lap pool, dry sauna, jacuzzi, and steam room. The staff were very friendly, especially in the Executive Club. The location was perfect, just a five minute Uber ride to the VA Waterfront. Overall a wonderful stay and highly recommended.

Room tip: Upgrade to an Executive Club room to enjoy extra amenities.
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Cape Town DFM, Other at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2021

Dear Kralahome1862,