“Sheer divinity”

The Westin Cape Town
Ranked #28 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent, luxurious, superb.. Best hotel ever. Felt so welcome on arrival, offered a night cap, parking and luggage services. Lovely Cape Town views. The breakfast buffet options are extensive with a juice bar selection never seen before. Loved every minute of my stay.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
The_Westin_Cape_Town, Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Dear 69tarrynb

Thank you for the amazing review of The Westin Cape Town. Our innovative programmes and instinctive service transform every aspect of your stay into a revitalizing experience and we are dedicated to provide an experience that leaves you feeling better than when you arrived.

Your positive comments inspire us to create an even better experience for our guests, as each of our signature offerings has been designed with a better you in mind. We hope to welcome you back to our wonderful city soon!

Michael Liffmann

Write a ReviewReviews (2 350)

385 - 389 of 2 350 reviews

Reviewed 17 September 2016

Stayed here for business. Excellent breakfast spread, great front desk (twice they went above and beyond to makeup for my incompetence), and HEATED TILE FLOORS in the bathrooms!! Typical weather was rainy and cold, the tile floors were very welcome to quickly warm up.
Rooms and bathrooms were very spacious and clean. While its definitely a more corporate/businessy hotel, I would definitely stay here while on vacation. Close to lots of things and an Uber is usually right around the corner.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
The_Westin_Cape_Town, Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear ASerda

Reviewed 16 September 2016

I stayed here on business for 2 weeks in August and had an excellent experience. The staff are very attentive and always ready to help with whatever you need. As I stayed over he weekend I used the leisure facilities including the pool and again these were excellent. The only (minor) criticism I had was that the restaurant menu could have been a little more extensive as after several days of working late it was a bit repetitive. Overall a good hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear Miopyk

We appreciate your comments regarding recent stay and the restaurant menu. It’s great to know that you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 16 September 2016

I spent one night, and then again the following weekend another night. After my first night and I had travelled, I realised that I had left my fairly expensive running shoes and an iPhone charger in my room. I called them the same morning as I checked out and told them. As I would be back the following weekend, I told them to keep it and I will collect it then.

To my surprise, I was told the following weekend at check in, after enquiring about my items, that nothing had been given to lost and found

It amazes me in this day and age of CCTV monitored hallways, and room access cards that are surely logged, and persons assigned to cleaned a floor, that these items just vanished, and never made it to lost and found

They had my room number, they can see who entered and left the room, they must have known who cleaned the room, how is it these items were never handed in

Defies belief how at a hotel of the stature of the Westin, this this can happen

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Dear eddieca

We appreciate your comments regarding our lost and found.

Please accept our sincere apologies if it didn’t live up to your expectations. Feedback from our guests allow us to continually improve services offered and is noted. We hope that you will return soon to let us showcase our high standards of service once again!

Reviewed 14 September 2016

The hotel is centrally located on Long Street and 5 minutes from the V&A Waterfront. We stayed for 3 nights. Food was excellent and the service was good. Rooms are spacious and bathroom was nice. Shuttle to V&A Waterfront is convenient.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business